NON-URI VHO tank pictures please

enomadra

I wanted to ask if any of you running Coralife VHO bulbs could please post some pictures of your tanks, and any advise. I just purchased 4 URI bulbs, 2 Actinic White, and 2 Super Actinic. I am very displease with the results because it makes my tank look pinkish/purpleish. I was using 8 - 55 watt power compact bulbs, 4 10,000k and 4 true atinic 03. I realy loved the look it gave, very nice crisp white and great glow from the corals with the true atinic 03's.
Thanks in advance :help:

enomadra

Another question that I have, and maybe one of the experts can answer this. How deep is a VHO light effective for? I know they come in different sizes and watts so lets say a 48" 110 watt URI 50/50 bulb.

bang guy

It depends on how much light your animal needs. They penetrate the first 6" well but rapidly trail off after that.

scott9311

I have the same setup as you, and am also a bit displeased with the pinkish coloring (though I am a bit used to it now). I believe that VHO's are good for a depth of 20" or less, but anything deeper you should switch to MH's (one MH bulb covers a 2'x2'x2' area).