Northern Arizona reefers

chinnyr

I know this is a bit off topic,but I am looking to possibly move to the Prescott or Sedona area of Arizona next year.Just wanted some input on the area and fellow reefers out there.I am a chef and would be looking for the same kind of work.Many tahnks for any input!:D

nm reef

Can't help in regard to LFS's or local reefers...but I envy you moving to the Prescott or Sedona areas. I grew up not far from Prescott in a very small mining town...and to this day I miss living in that part of the world. At one time we had a active member here from the Prescott area but thats been a while back...hopefully somebody will comment on resources there....also I believe there is a current member from the Flagstaff area...can't remember the members name.....sorry.

chinnyr

Hey,no problem.I drove through there in '96 on my way to California and was very impressed with the area.I am a chef,so I think finding work will be fairly easy for me.I just think I need a change in my life soon,and a fresh start somewhere else.Thanks!

chinnyr

First off,thanks for the response to my post!I am planing on moving to Arizona soon.I have not decided which part of the state would suit me best.I am a chef so I was thinking the areas of Flagstaff,Sedona and Prescott.I think Prescott would be my first choice.Are you familiar with that town at all?I also ride/race mountainbikes too.So,I would be looking for a good place to ride.I have found numerous sites on the internet for riding places there.I think my best bet would be to fly into Phoenix,then drive up from there.Are there some nicer restaurants,and are jobs fairly easy to come by?Any info you could lend would be greatly appreciated.And,I guess the saltwater fish stores would be in Phoenix as well.Thanks again!:)

nolson

Prescott im not all that familiar with just do to the fact that most people try to stay away from there... Never really liked it myself. Flagstaff would be the best place for you if you are interested in racing mountain bikes I see people on bikes up here all the time. Tons of bike shops. Theres also alot of reseraunts up here because it is a tourist city and also a college town. Phoenix would be best for having the best and most fish stores. Although flagstaff does have a pretty nice one called the "Aquarium center" They are knowledgable and never just try to "sell you something" So Im not to sure... Plus id love to have a fellow reefer up here. Anyways please keep me updated on what your going to do.. And if you have any questions feel free to ask.
~ Nick