Northern Wisconsin... Puffer, rock, tank in that order..

squidd

items still for sale ??
Everything but the Puffer...Him I'm giving away to a good home...
You want to give him a good home...?? :thinking:

backcountr

i dont know anything about puffers will they work in a reef?
if not i would be intrested in the tank and the rock filters
but i know the fish has to go first
i live just north of greenbay

squidd

Puffers are not a good choice for reef tanks...
Not so much because they bother corals, but they'll eat all your snails, crabs and cleanup crew...and as meat eaters tend to produce a lot of waste and detract from water quality...
Great for a FOWLR or Aggressive tank and lots of personality on their own though...

backcountr

im trying to talk the wife into a third tank if so what would you want for everything
also would the puffer be ok in a 46 till i get the 125 up

squidd

$200 for everything, (Fish, tank. rock, heater, Mag 5 pump, generic but stable stand, I have a fluval canister and/or a 20 or 40 gallon tank I could throw in if you interested in starting a sump/fuge)
A 46 would be awfully small for this Puffer, especially if it has much else in it...it would have to be a VERY temporary home (week or two while 125 cycles in) otherwise I would advise against it...

jenii2282

I am very intersted in all of it. I was wondering what type of light system you have on the tank? Is there a phone number I can reach you at to find out this information. Thank you!!

squidd

Originally Posted by stdreb27
hey squidd how much do you think it would be to ship this stuff?
Rock is shipable at regular rates, butthe tank is a 6 footer and not pragmatic to ship..
Puffer I would prefer a pick up...

squidd

Originally Posted by jenii2282
I am very intersted in all of it. I was wondering what type of light system you have on the tank? Is there a phone number I can reach you at to find out this information. Thank you!!
There are no lights with the tank...It's set up temporary in my basement the lights you see are just basic flourecents that were over a work bench...
YGM...

daddyjama

still there... i'm in shebogyan... i have a 55 and would liek a bigger one. THe puffer could sit in my 55 while the tank cycles.

devil dog

Originally Posted by DaddyJama
still there... i'm in shebogyan... i have a 55 and would liek a bigger one. THe puffer could sit in my 55 while the tank cycles.
I’m going to be selling my 120g all you would have to do is add water… it is all set up but it will be more then $100 if you want email me and I will sent you some pic’s