not good, need help please

crazy4reefs

i was reading a post when all of a sudden a box pops up and says copying files. it had a blue bar. it went so fast that i didnt have a chance to get off line.. doesnt look good, did i just get hacked and if so what do i do.. i need help :help:

Sounds like it . . . what type of site were you on?
Definitley get zone alarm. Its a free firewall download.

moraym

Go to www.avast.com it's a free antivirus, and has caught things for me that Trend Micro, Virus Scan Online, and Norton Exec missed completely. It's now my sole source.
After downloading Ad-Aware, Spybot S&D, and HijackThis, go to http://forums.net-integration.net, and utilize their free forums. They've helped me solve several VERY complex problems.

salty cheese

Originally posted by jkvjl
Can you get spyware using a iMac?

From what i've heard it's not common but there has been an increase in the number of viruses written for Macs lattely.
Not sure I have a Windows mach.
Moray: thanks for the links, I'm going to try that other virus scanner. Wish me luck:D
Moray, can you take the comma out of the URL for Avast?

crazy4reefs

i was actually on this site. so by copying files does that mean they got my credit card info and stuff like that ?

pwnag3!!

chances are it was a stupid pop up that trys to trick you into downloading something... they are all over the place.

ctm474

Don't bother with Ad-Aware or Spybot, go to the Microsoft site and download thier Anti-spyware. It runs real time and remembers all of your browser settings and alerts you anytime they are about to be changed. Also creates browser restore points and you can schedule it to run whenever you want.

todds

Iv'e used many anti-virus software and repaired many customers machines, I think Panda is the best.....

unleashed

hopefully they didnt get to you to bad this time.I dont know what windows you are using but xp if so has a privacy option change your settings do not allow remote access to your pc after blocking that change all passwords disconnect your pc from internet when changing windows passwords physicly unplug the line that will help in privacy of that action.for ani spyware and addware I use adawareSE this can be downloaded at
www.lavasoft.com
this is also free
activate fire wall if you have one
ps to ensure other possible attempts to fail for hackers set your setting to promt you before all downloads

S

sinner's girl

Use Mozilla Firefox and you won't have those problems. I haven't needed Ad-Aware or Spybot, since. However, if I have to use IE for something (like viewing a webpage I made or a site that's not compatiable with mozilla) then I have to run Ad-Adware after to catch the little bugs.