Not good....

nm reef

No idea how he got out...but he ain't gettin' back in! That was a fatal carpet surfin' excursion!!:thinking:

dburr

Hmmm, did the sally get OUT, or did the dog GET it out?:thinking:
My tank is next to my couch and my cat loves to sit and watch. I'm WAITING for her to TRY to get in. Yes, I have egg crate.:D

bustedup21

My deepest sympathies for you for I understand your loss. May the crab fairy take his spririt deep into the ocean.

ophiura

Sorry NM reef :(
At the aquarium we used to have big hermit crabs that would also do that...walk across the room before potentially realizing that it was a mistake. Also had a crawfish go on a walk but we found him in time, extremely dusty, but I think he pulled through.

F

fairyfishy

I had a crab escape once- didn't see him for about a week and then went down to the basement (where my washer and dryer is) and saw him at the bottom of the stairs, co
ebbed in a corner. The stairs are about a half foot tall and he's a little guy. Can't imagine how he made it but he was definately on a mission back to the ocean!:nope:

bfoleyiii

Sorry for the loss...but really I think most crabs do know the dangers involved with some of the more xtream events which include carpet surfing as I recall.
Bob

pyro

just to mix a little humor in the subject of dogs and fish...
When my dad had his fish tank positioned behind the sofa with a porcupine puffer, we had a 5 or 6 year old white pug. It would jump up and slam its face into the tank and watch everything going on. Welllll, one day the porcupine got a little startled..... the pug jumped backwards and started growlign and barking and running around and circles. The dog did it for the rest of the year or so the puffer lived. (I know, the puffer was short lived, my dad had many short lived fish. It was several inches and crushed coral with some powerheads back then... needless to say seahorses were his bigest failure - at least we know better now! )

effloresce

some fish must do it, i have had a pond catfish go carpet walking, lasted a day until i found him under the couch, he lived, but died from a waterchange that recycled his FW tank,ammonia outbreak, go figue......