Not Happy With Hagen!!!

bender77

What's going on with it. I've had mine for about a year now with no problems. I did have the impeller stop at one point and I took it out, cleaned it and the housing well, made sure everything was seated right and working and I haven't had a problem since.

hawkfish203

Yea keeps telling me to check the impeller. It will work for a few min then just say it again. I put a new impeller in and still did the same thing. They are sending me a brand new G6. Don't think I'm gonna keep it prob just sell it or something. But on that note I'm a little happier with hegen they took awhile to get back to me but, have been very good ever sense.

bender77

Well that's good. I think I may have had that issue one other time and it was actually a stuck air bubble, and after I primed it a few times it started working again

hawkfish203

Ya know I did that the first time and it kicked on but it still only worked for a few minutes. Seems like maybe there is a malfunction with cpu or something. They are a sweet looking filter and I love the Hydrotech Monitor.

al&burke

Just curious the G6 has the cartridges for the filtration, the replacement cartridges are pricey aren't they. I almost bought one when I first started.

hawkfish203

Yes it does but, the thing with that is you can just empty the ones they give you with the G6 and add whatever you want. The ones from Fluval you buy with phosphate remover or carbon are pricey but, like I said I just used what they gave me with the unit and now I just run my own stuff in it. It really is quite a cool filter people always ask what it is because it doesn't look like a filter.