Not quite a 6 pack

j21kickster

Thanks guys- im running a 250W 20K XM- I love the color of this bulb- it is perfect not too blue but just enough. At first i was having problems with the camera but it isnt really made for close up shots but i got it figured- It is more of a general use camera. Glad you like the pics guys and yes- Bubble algae is showing up and i bought a bunch of emeralds to help, so we'll see- Here is a couple more

j21kickster

About water quality- there is nothing i can tell you that you dont already know- but those rics are only about 18inches away from my 250 MH and they have actuall colored up since my lighting upgrade- I usually takes them a while to split- the purple and green ones took almost a 2 months to split but if you have a large colony with all of them splitting it seems to geow much faster- It is exponential growth:D But they will occasionally will snag a piece of brine but overall min have been easy to grow

jacksonpt

Nice pics. I had a ric before it was killed by a wandering carpet anemone. I've got 3 more coming this friday. I'm curious though... 250w XM... over how big of a tank? I've got a 250w Iwasaki over my 44g reef, with 150w VHO actinic on the way.

Assuming the use of a pendant here . . .
Whats your temp flucuations and evap. rates like?

I know I have seen a pic of your new set up somewhere but could you post one here for me to see without searching?

jugger

nice pics..... looks like all your coral have taken a liking to the MH....looks like the bulds finally got burnt in??? not soo blue as before but still awesome.... what camera are you useing???