Not sure what fish to get.

I have become recently very confused.
I am setting up a QT because I plan on getting a Cherub angelfish. But is that really a good choice?
Will it bother my corals?
Will it eat my macro algae like cualerpa(sp?)
Will it get along with my royal gramma firefish, and watchman goby?
Please help!!
Adam

Oh, I also have a pajama cardinal.
It is a 46 gallon tank.
If I keep it well fed with algae on a vegi clip to graze and other food will it realy pose a threat.
Please Help I am confused now.:confused: :confused:
Should I go with a different fish?
Adam

von_rahvin

if you want a dwarf then have one. many people have trouble with them, for nipping at corals or clams. mine ( a CB) did it for a while and then stopped right before i was going to get him out of the tank. it should get along with your fish.

debbers

Out of the "dwarf" angels, the cherub is a good choice. I was strongly considering one, but didn't end up getting one. From all the research I did, and watching them, they seem to be a great little fish.
While no angel is considered to be totally reef safe, the cherub seems to be less likely to bother corals than some of the others, however, I'm sure that each fish's personality would come into play.
The only thing I would be careful of is your royal gramma. There might be some trouble ahead if the gramma is particularly territorial or aggressive.
HTH,
~D~

jja

I can't answear to the cherub, but I have had great luck with the coral beauty. It is always out and active and never bothers any of my corals. It will also be all over any algae on the glass and leave it's "lip prints." Very cool addition-It has been in my tank for 18 months with no problems at all!