Not sure where to post this?

broncofish

I've been on this site for a few years now. As of lately I have not been posting much at all. My most recent tanks were more profit related(propogating anemones etc....) so I thought it wise to keep that stuff off of our gracious host's server. Well I've torn all those tanks down, and moved from California to Kansas, and here is where the question lies.
Now that I am here I am going to set up one of my dream tanks. A seahorse lagoon style 45gallon stretch hex. This is purely for fun, and pleasure. I plan on fully documenting and photgraphing every step of the setup, which will take well over 6 or seven months. I am building the stand, plumbing everything except for the tanks, and I may even be building one those(the second refugium) The majority of the first part of this project will be DIY related, then it will be carribean coral related, and then finaly seahorse related. Should I post a thread series in DIY, then switch to REEF, and then finaly fish, Or should I just post it in the reef section...or will there not be that much interest at all and not post it?

darknes

I say keep it entirely in the reef forum so that people can follow it more easily.
I think it's a great idea, and I look forward to hearing more about it. :jumping:

broncofish

Thanks for the input. That was kind of the way I was leaning, it's just that I've notived that there is not to much interest in seahorses on this site. Or least there was not a lot of interest the last time I was very active over here.

sheracr123

I look forward to reading it as well....
BTW, where in Kansas, and WHY would you make such a move:eek:
I live here and moved from CA myself... but that was 30 years ago....

broncofish

Well to make the long story kind of short...I grew up in Olathe KS, then traveled the globe with the air force, got medical boarded for knee injuries, which turned into chronic problems, stayed in Cali for a while, but decided for the sake of my family(ie it would be easier fr my wife and I to work things out, after being seperated numerous times) if we were in Kansas...so we moved back here. The school system blows Cali's away so my son is happier, the cost of living is cheaper, so when we go to buy a house here in the next couple of months, we are going to be able to buy much bigger and better, and it generally is much more family friendly.
The downside, no surfing, longer drive for snowboarding, and not being able to check out the coldwater tidepools all the time. Which is probably 2 days of boarding usually equated into 3 days of swollen limping pain.Hope that answers you question....
My wife really misses the ocean, so we will probably travel back about 4 times a year.

lizzy

I agree, keep it in the reef forum, I love sea horses. I would love to see the plans you have for your set up. Keep us posted!

puffer32

I think there is a big intrest in sea horses! I know I love them , just scared of them because they are hard to keep, I for 1 don't have the guts or heart to get one again. I tried buying one several yrs ago and it died even though i dod everything to ensure it would live. I was heartbroken and refuse to go through that again. I for one will follow your threads and wish you success!