Not To Sure???

fireemt_us

OK, so i have a small tank that has been set up for wel over 6 months now and im starting to see some new life. Its a 10 gallon tank with 8 lbs of LR and crushed shell and small shells in the bottom. The weird thing is i seem to have a very, very small feather duster growing in the lower substrate. I also see very small star fish. Less than an inch across. Is this possible??? There seems to be several of them down there. Also theres tons and tons of little shrimp looking things in there. Im thinking their mantis shrimp. Is this ok??? Should i do anything with them???
:confused: :confused:

oyam1

you got some of that LR we all dream of getting.........
as for the shrimp, send me some, my fish will love to eat them.

did it take 6 months to see the new life?

fishphreak

I found the starfish in my LR also after about 3 weeks. It was most likely there when you bought it and now that they are getting a little bigger they are starting to show themselves. They hide a lot, especially when they are small.
by the way, what type of star fish do you have?
I found 4 fancy brittles in mine.

fishphreak

you don't have to do anything special as far as care for the feather duster and the starfish. The starfish will eat the microscopic stuff in the water. But if you think it is necessary you can always mix a marine flake or two with some water and VERY GENTLY squirt that on the starfish's legs which he will transfer to his mouth.