'Nother Moving Question

killafins

I found these 90 quart tote things with cheap lids. I think for moving they'll be the best thing to go with. But how will the pressure of 20 gallons of water be in these things? How full of water should i fill it with. For a 20 gallon and a 55 gallon how much totes would i need?
I plan to take only 50 percent of the water from the 20 with me to do a very decent water change. And i want to take about 45 gallons of the 55 with me.
thnx again...:p

jumpfrog

20 gallons = ~ 160 lbs. That's quite a load. And 90 quarts = 22.5 gallons or 180 lbs if full. If it was me I'd look into smaller totes. The 7 gallon water jugs from Walmart are about 7 bucks a piece. How far are you moving? Maybe you can do several trips and use a new large garbage can for a storing option while transferring.
Good luck. Moving tanks is "Work!"

killafins

I was thinking about buying say... four of them. One for 10 gallons plus live rock and sand for 20 gallon... another 15 gallons, plus sand... another 15 gallon and the other 15 gallons. So I know it will be heavy but it's something two people can do... right???:confused:
I'm moving 2 hrs away and comming back and forth is not an option :( ... i have a few vehicles but...
How much can i leave in my tanks? can i leave my live rock and substrate in with the tanks with say five gallons in the 20 gallon and 10 gallons for the 55?
When i move i plan on putting the fish in bags from like ***** or something. THey'll be int her for like 2 hrs... will this be okay?

lesa

Hope this helps, I put my lr in one with water, livestock in another one and moved my water in rubbermaid trash cans. The big ones and had no problems, lost some of the water but I was do for a water change also.
Good Luck with your moving