nothing opens!!!!!!!

bigtyguyy

Well guys tha tank has been up for about just over 4 months now.. When ever i buy polyps or anything that has to come out it will open for the first 2 days or so and then thats it never open.. My mushrooms are great and my PTA is huge and doing fine and my carpet anemone is doing fine.. WHY DO MY POLYPS DO THIS EVERYTIME I BUY NEW ONES...
all my levels are where you want them and my fish are great!
:help: please help me!

cain420

what kind of lighting do u have and are they too close to it?? if they are near the top and u have halides, they may be hiding so they dont get burnt.. if thats the case, move em to the bottom of the tank and see if that helps.
I have PC's and dont get this problem..

bigtyguyy

yea i have 175w 10k Xm on a 100gal 24 inch deep i will try that thanks.. i have moved them around alot but i will try the bottom... anyone else?

ctgretzky9

what are your parameters...post them so we can help diagnose...
have you tested for stray voltage? I found that "polyp" type coral do not react well with stray voltage.

symon

I would say to research more on how to place your polyps, more flow, less flow, more light less light, Feeding ect. There are many tricks to get them to respond, and sometimes you have to try them all 1st !

bigtyguyy

my snake polyps were open last night but my green bottom polyps were only open for a couple days and have close tight now and haven't open!
i have 3 175 W 10K Xm plus actinics on my 100GAl
actually my green star polyps only had like 4 open and the rest stayed close too... i got them yesterday and they were open fully in the store too.. i hate this i don't know what to do!
i am thinking about buying some active carbon to see if there are chemicals goen around that i don't know about! what do you think?

jonnywater

Why am I the only one that looks at coral agressiveness? Those are all pretty hostile corals with large swinging tenticles.

bigtyguyy

Originally Posted by jonnywater
Why am I the only one that looks at coral agressiveness? Those are all pretty hostile corals with large swinging tenticles.

i don't understand what you are saying sorry!

sufunk

Hes saying that those corals put out long sweeper tentacles and that they may be stinging each other keeping them from opening. I would disagree since i have a rock with snake polyps and green stars right next to each other and actually mixed together in one part and they never bother each other.

bigtyguyy

yea my start polyps opened just now its just those darn green bottom polyps that wont open! i have the worst luck with bottom polyps because this is the second chunk i got and they are doen the same thing!
My star polyps are awesome!
I am going to buy some active carbon for the tank! lets see what happens!