Nova Extreme 8x54

brianrish

Back to saltwater after a while off. I've got my new 100 gallon set-up... love it. And am now looking for lights. The "Current USA Nova Extreme T5 8x54" have caught my eye.
In a 100 gallon, what is the limit "coral-wise" with these lights, and are there folks out there who can comment on them as a whole... good or bad.

J

jstdv8

get the pro model, it has the individual reflectors (very important) even if you went down to a 6 x 54 if they don't have an 8 light pro.
I have the 6x54 over my 90 and everything seems pretty happy

nycbob

if u r going the nova extreme route, so with the pro model. better yet, look the the tek elite t5. i hv the ati sunpower, but it needs to be hung. if u must get the nova extreme over the 100, u will be limited to softies, zoas, shrooms, and perhaps with a few lps with proper placement.

reefraff

Even a standard Tek would be a much better choice than the Nova. Just mount it using the legs and don't use a splash shield on it, causes it to get too hot and lowers the output. If you add a fan blowing over the top of the Tek fixture you get a nice boost in output as well, about 20 percent.

i<3reefs

I have a 6 bulb nova pro extreme, a 4 bulb standard Tek light, and some MH. Overall, I really like the look MH lights provide, the light seems to penetrate further. I like the look of the tek fixture, it does not have any fans, and the Nova pro extreme is really pretty nice for the price.