Novice150, Good Luck on a Healthy/Safe shipment today!

D

daniel411

Hey Novice,
Good luck on a healthy/safe shipment today, can't wait to hear how it goes.

novice150

Daniel411: Thanks!! I'm excited! :D The plane lands at 4:30 today, I'll be sitting there waiting.:)
bbronco & everyone else: I went to Detroit this past weekend for biz, and while there, met up with Tony Detroit. He took me to his lfs and showed me their baby bonnetheads. I'm amazed at how small they were! I'd say 9" max. The lfs owner was nice enough to feed them for us, and they all ate like pigs. I couldn't help but buy one.:) I'll post pics of him tonight.
Tony Detroit: Thanks again for all of your help. I couldn't have found the lfs (or my way back to the airport) without your help.:)

ozadars

Novice, are u going to put him in your bt's tank or another... i guess you will probably put them in the same tank because both get big and dont think you will set up a new tan as big as the bt's so i guess they will be in the same tank but i m asking because are you first put him in your qt? and can your bt attack the bh cause you said he is small?

novice150

ozadars: Yes, he'll be going in a smaller tank (150) for a few months to bulk up. I am very concerned about my black tip thinking he's food. The squid I feed the bt are bigger than the bonnet head. Also, some of the intakes on the shark tank are large enough that I worry he'll be sucked in.
I removed most of the fish from my 150 (large eel, 2 puffers, and a trigger) leaving only a damsel and a clown. I also removed much of the lr, so that wont cause any problems.

ozadars

Good Luck keeping him. Maybe you can put some other fish (like tangs or damsels) w/ your bh so maybe that can help, you can also try pilot fish that swims usually very close to sharks and that can cause a confusion i guess

bbronco

could you get one of those fish that stick to the sharks? that would be cool to see what shark he like s the best? and the sharks won't eat them right?

reeferdude

Novice, replicating your tank in my house is now on my 10 things to do before death list! I will have a tank with a bonnet head some day but until then I guess I'll have to drool over yours. If you don't mind me asking about how much was the little guy and how is he being shipped?

ac

Absolutely beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!! It looks like they shipped it real well. How big will he get?:D

cincyreefer

was any recitation needed? It looks like he should have had plenty of room to keep swimming during shipment. Thumbs up to the LFS...
Good luck and keep us updated

bdhough

Nice. Looks like a mini hammer head. How big will he get?
When you get tired of sharks try schools of fish :)