Novice150, Good Luck on a Healthy/Safe shipment today!

jim27

Bonnetheads get about 3 or 4 ft...... And novice that thing is so amazingly kickass. I hope it does as well as the black tip is doing.
Oh and bdhough, I think novice will agree when I say THERE IS NO GETTING TIRED OF SHARKS :D

novice150

ozadars: I don't plan on any other fish/additions.
bbronco: You mean a remora fish. IMHO, they get too big, are too much of an aggressive feeder, and not very attractive. Cool in the ocean though.:)
reeferdude: Thank you. He cost $600 plus shipping, which was $80.
bullshark: I hope so... I cant wait to move him to the shark tank.
AC: Around 3.5 feet to 5' max.
cincyreefer: Nope, not at all. In fact, he was in really good condition. A little pale, but hopefully nothing to worry about. I was surprised to see that the ph was only down to 8.0. Much better than when my bt arrived. IMHO, the shipping container was a little overkill for this shark. Better safe than sorry I guess though.
bdhough: Tired of sharks? LOL I've been into this long enough to be certain that that wont happen any time soon. :) Me loves my sharkies.

novice150

Jim27: I guess we were typing at the same time:D Thinking the same thoughts ... especially regarding tiring of sharks!
Thanks man! I hope so too. It's such a cool little shark.

bdhough

If i remember right you have 3 already. They looked way bigger than the bonnet. My guess is this will be your last shark in this tank till one dies?

D

daniel411

All I can say is ..... "WOW" They look even cooler from the side than they did in the tubs! Glad it made the little guy faired so well during shipping.
If they only get 3.5-5'???? Anyone have any idea what their growth rate is?

novice150

bdhough: I dont plan on any of them dying, not if I can help it anyway. While I don't plan to add anymore, I may replace them as needed if they outgrow the tank. That or move them to a larger tank in a few years, which I prefer over donating them to my local aquarium.
daniel411: I believe their growth rates/spurts are similar to that of a black tip. Will grow fairly quick the first few years, and then taper off. My plan is to "supercharge" his growth while in the small tank.
saltfisher: He's doing well. His breathing/swimming has slowed since adding him, and he looks comfortable with his surroundings. He even ate last night! IMO, a real good sign for a newly acclimated shark.

tony detroit

Novice
Those tubs the store had them in don't do them any justice, they look way cooler in your tank where you can see them. If he makes it and puts on some weight that's gonna be a sweet addition to your "one-seven".

bbronco

i was talking about the leaches on the side of sharks in the ocean? the ones tha hang on and clean the sharks skin?
i have no idea what they are called?
good luck with the baby!!! not that you need it!!

novice150

Originally posted by bbronco
i was talking about the leaches on the side of sharks in the ocean? the ones tha hang on and clean the sharks skin?
i have no idea what they are called?
good luck with the baby!!! not that you need it!!

Thanks man:)
They are not leaches. They are fish, and the most common is a remora.

novice150

Originally posted by tony detroit
Novice
Those tubs the store had them in don't do them any justice, they look way cooler in your tank where you can see them. If he makes it and puts on some weight that's gonna be a sweet addition to your "one-seven".

Thanks Tony:) If your ever out this way, come see them.
Tony and Rane, you have mail.

bbronco

oh i know there not real leaches, but in a since thats what they are!!!
thanks for telling me what they are though!!!

reeferdude

Novice: I have way less than you do but right now I have 1 shark tank and 3 nano-reefs. My only words of advice are, whatever you do DO NOT CALCULATE HOW MUCH YOU HAVE SPENT!!! It will make you sick and want to kick yourself all at the same time. The only bad thing is that when I see what you have it makes me want to build a 1700 and toss more cash into the money pit!!! How do you plan on going larger? Only "practical" tank larger than about 2000g would be a saltwater pond but those kind of suck because you can’t see the fish from the side. I think if you go much bigger you will have to sell tickets to pay for the construction. Best of luck to ya!

novice150

MorayMike: He's learned to navigate the tank without bumping into corners/walls really well. Like my other sharks, he hit the walls bit when I introduced him, but learned the limits quickly. He now makes his turns before contacting the walls.
Reeferdude: LOL, I have personal accountant aka wife to do that for me:) She just loves to point out what I've spent on my hobby. It's not pretty.:)
How do I plan on going larger? The same way I went from a 150 to a 1700. Build it.
If I go much larger (which I prolly will) around 4k-6k gallons, I'll prolly go with concrete this time.