Novice150

novice150

Hey guys:) I still drop in from time to time. Work has been so busy lately I haven't had much free time. Plus the wife and I are expecting baby #2 here real soon...:D
The sharks/tanks are all doing great! No problems whatsoever. The bonnet head still hasn't grown much, maybe 2" since I got him. It'll most likely be a long time before he goes into the big tank. The black tip is eating well and healthy, really hasn't grown much at all. The bamboo on the other hand is getting HUGE! It's the same length, if not an inch or two longer than the black tip. The horn is doing great as well.
I've finished the basement, carpet and all. I'm really happy with the way it came out. I've got some new pics of the sharks and the basement, but cant seem to reduce their size enough to post them here. I upgraded my camera/image software and the new version sucks. I may have to get a different image editing program. Or perhaps someone here would be willing to post them for me?:D
Either way, there are some new pics up on my web page. Feel free to check them out there.

gasguzzler

Good to see youre still with us! I was curious if I was to be the only one with a Bonnethead roaming in the basement!

tony detroit

I wish I could upload jaws movie music to play when opening this thread......duh duh, duh duh.......
mistuh novice

mattiej

Hey gasguzzler I assume you got the bonnet? Congrats and post some pics when you get a chance.
Novice your set up looks better all the time. My bonnet has almost doubled in size since I got him. He was around 12" and now is about 20". How often do you feed yours, for me it's every other day approximately 1/4-1/2 lb of food. Of course my guy is spoiled but what the hell. Now if only I can get the sharp nose to grow!:D

gasguzzler

No, I havent got it yet. They just barely left from smoothing the corners as you suggested. However, the project is moving along (equipment wise) but the tank still sits on a pallet on the floor. I dont know if you heard in an earlier post but I may have to move so the actual install is on hold for now.

novice150

Thanks Tony! You the man:D
Mattiej: Thank you. I might have been a "touch" conservative on my growth estimate...but not much. I'd say he's around 11.5"-12" now. My bonnet was TINY when I got him. He's the smallest shark I've ever owned, other than when my bamboo was born. Like yours, he eats every other day, sometimes every day. He eats alot for his size IMO. A good size handful (1/8 lb?) every time. Maybe I'll experience the same growth spurt yours did from 12"-20"? :)

leopard_babe

Tony your tank is so cool. I like the in the wall look of the tank. that is great.... Oh sorry am I drooling?? Nice looking sharks!!

novice150

Tony: Common man! Good lookin girl is throwing compliments your way...lives in the same state as you...likes sharks!! heh
Leopardbabe: I sold the tank to Tony:D
Just joking ya'll:)
Yellowtail: I just might take you up on that! I have some good close up pics of the sharks (Bo, even the horn) that I'd like to share. Thanks for the offer. :)