Now I'm really freakin confused

ccws

So I went to the LFS today and was looking for something to kep my sandbed stirred up and clean. The LFS sold me 2 sand sifting stars for my 60 gallon. (This LFS and the guy I spoke with is highly regarded by the local marine aquarium club)
I came home and was looking through the marine inverts pocket guide and it says these stars are only recommended for tanks greater than 100 gallons b/c they frequently starve.
Then I looked on some other site which sells these as part of a reef cleanup crew in addition to 2 other cleaners for my sized tank.
This hobby is so frustrating, I feel like there is so much misinfo out there and I have no idea who to trust.

fishieness

i have heard that about them. They can also eat benificial creatures so i wouldnt recomend more than one. I have two tonga snails for my sand bed in my 40 and taht is all i am putting. Some sand sifting stars take to spot-feeding, although some do not i have heard. Try spot feeding them, of even putting a very small piece of food right in their path.