Now taking new fish suggestions

jtoliver

I have 2 tanks. 1 is a 37 gal reef with 2 percs. 1 golden headed sleeper goby, 1 mandarine dragonet, and 1 lawnmower blenny, + a nice assortment of inverts. My other tank is a 29 gal FO with LS and dead rock. It has an eclipse hood for filter and lighting. For fish it has a med. blue damsel and a medium sized black lionfish. My question is what fish would you add to this tank, I want something that is colorful and will be out a lot, must be big enough that it will not become a snack for the lion.
John.

porkypuffer

AS I'M SURE YOU KNOW, WHEN YOU ADD FISH YOU ALWAYS RISK AN ICK OUTBREAK. THEY BOTH SOUND PRETTY FULL TO ME. IF ALL ARE HEALTHY AND HAPPY, YOU MAY WANT TO LEAVE IT AS IS.
IF YOU GET A TANK TOO CROWDED YOU CAN CAUSE YOUR SELF ALOT OF WORK DOING WATER CHANGES TO KEEP THE NITRATES DOWN.

Does your Manderian have enough to eat. I tried keeping one in a matured 25 gl tank with 35 pounds of LR and it was no where near enough food in the tank for the little guy to eat. Most people don't recommend keeping a Manderian in a tank with less than 100lbs of live rock.

angelfish

Is this new addition going into your 29 or 37 gal tank? I'm assuming that your 29 gal has only 2 fish and that are one damsel and one lionfish. As you know the damsel may become fish food for the lionfish and as far as what type, I suggest a dogface puffer. Just my preference but not very colorful.
Angel

jtoliver

The fish is to go into the 29. As far as the mandarin, he is doing ok but thats about it. He's been in there for 5 months, he's not growning, but he's not shrinking either. I think he will live, but I really wish he had more to eat. If I had it to do over again, I most likely wouldn't get one again even though I love him.
John