now that i got posting down here is my tank

jacknjill

awesome. how long has it been set up? the one thing i would suggest is to put a black backround on it. iy makes all the difference

jobob

very nice tank, yea i say a backgound would complete it. and i think i see some green bubble algae, emerald crab can take care of that for u.but its still nice!

durabane

its been up for about 5 months now was thinking about a reflective backbround to help with lighting only have 4 wts per gallon does that help at all. my tang sees me coming with the camera and hides have two emeralds they seem to be eating everything but the little bubbles :confused:

jobob

is that 4 powerheads? and 3 are sweeping ones? i think it mite be a little over kill. i got 2 on my 55. but if it works!

jacknjill

no, the ones he has are fine! on my 55 i have 3 powerheads (1 sweeping) plus my filter (which is pretty powerful) and skimmer. you might want to add another powerhead or 2 on your 55.

jacknjill

Originally posted by clintau
do emeralds eat hair algae??

most of the time. plus they eat bubble algae and lots of other things. very handy. im investing in 2 or 3 in the next few days

durabane

I think that is why my coraline is doing so will I keep the water flowing to spread the spores around and keeps the bad hair and other algeas down