now what

landolakes

I need help picking a few more fish for my 75gal. I have about 30lbs of live rock and some mushrooms and leathers. There are 5 green chromis and 1 fire fish in there along with a 14" snowflake eel. I havnt had luck with tangs and dont want to try an angel. Please help I ned a showpiece type of fish.

angrycrab

I think you need some more LR for that eel :thinking:
Are you looking something that is Reef safe or you going agressive? I am confused why you have the eel in there to begin with because they are not reef safe.

landolakes

I dont have anything that he will eat. No shrimp and he doesnt go after my fish. He was a rescue, reason why I bought the tank but slowly began adding stuff to it. The live rock is spread really well in the center of the tank and he is very happy. I am just looking for somethingf that can bring some color to the tank. I donmt want to much in there I just need a reaqson to justify the tank to my wife, tyhe eels life isnt cutting it.

angrycrab

hmmm...maybe a blue dot puffer?
Blue Dot Puffer - Canthigaster epilamprus
Also known as: Lantern Goby
Maximum Size: the Canthigaster epilamprus grows up to 6 inches.
General Size Specifications: The small size will come to you generally 1 to 2 inches; the medium generally 2 to 3 inches; the large generally 3 to 4 inches.
Minimum Tank Size: The Blue Dot Puffer prefers a tank of at least 50 gallons with plenty of places to hide & swim.
Diet: The Canthigaster epilamprus is a omnivore and likes to eat variety of chopped meats (fish, scallop, shrimp, squid, clam).
Level of Care: The Blue Dot Puffer is a medium maintenance fish.
Behavior: The Blue Dot Puffer may act semi-aggressively toward other fish. It is a venomous fish, the flesh is poisonous. Do not eat. If ingested seek immediate medical attention.
Hardiness: This is a hardy fish.
Water Conditions: Keep water quality high (SG 1.020 - 1.025, pH 8.1 - 8.4, Temp. 72 - 78° F).
Range: Fiji.
General Notes: The Blue Spot Puffer, often better known as the Blue Dot Toby or Sharp-nosed Puffer is suitable for most fish only systems. It is known for being aggressive and may nip tankmates. A nocturnal hunter, Blue Spot Puffers like to eat invertebrates. It is important that it does this as it needs to keep it's teeth worn down. The Blue Spot Puffer, when frightened or distressed may inflate 2x it's original size. Forcing this animal to repeatedly puff can result in death due to stress. Do not expose it to air when it is puffing up as ingestion of air is often difficult to expel

angrycrab

or...
Fu Manchu Lionfish - Dendrochirus biocellatus
Also known as: Twinspot, Ocellated, Fu-Manchu Lion
Maximum Size: the Dendrochirus biocellatus grows up to 4 inches.
General Size Specifications: The small size will come to you generally 1½ to 3 inches; the medium generally 3 to 5 inches; the large generally 5 to 8 inches.
Minimum Tank Size: The Fu Manchu Lionfish prefers a tank of at least 20 gallons with plenty of places to hide & swim.
Diet: The Dendrochirus biocellatus is a carnivore and likes to eat variety of live foods (shrimp & fish).
Level of Care: The Fu Manchu Lionfish is a medium maintenance fish.
Behavior: The Fu Manchu Lionfish may act aggressively toward other fish. THIS FISH IS VENEMOUS. The pelvic, pectoral and dorsal fins of this fish can cause extreme pain. Severe reactions can occur if allergic. If stung soak injured area in hot water and seek medical attention.
Water Conditions: Keep water quality high (SG 1.020 - 1.025, pH 8.1 - 8.4, Temp. 72 - 78° F).
Range: Indo-Pacific.

landolakes

Any other suggestions anyone I was looking at a dwarf lion but am not limited to aggressive, just big enough for the eel not to eat.