Nudibraches!!! Help

stubbbs

started noticing some of my Zoa Colonies dying and took a closer look and found a couple Nudibranches...then a couple more. I freshwater dipped those coral and some seem to be doing better. my question is, I have a 125 gallon tank. i can't possibly find them all. will a wrasse or something eat them??? Help. any advice greatly appreciated. Thanks

J

jstdv8

you could sell those things if they were the ones that kill aiptaisia, I hear they get a pretty penny for them

stubbbs

I still haven't solved my nudibranch problem but it is much better. I fresh water dipped some colonies and saw some nudibranches drop off and have seen less and less. I have also been experimenting with Flatworm EXIT and I think I have finally found the correct dose for my tank. 2 bottles in my 125 gallon tank and in 15 minutes I watched a nudibranch stop dead in his tracks and die. I am going to let that concentration run through my system for an hour or so then turn back on the filter. We will see. I hate these little f@!%&*s. They have cost me about a thousand dollars in lost corals. Anybody else have any other experiences that might help???

bronco300

You try iodine dips? The biggest issue is those stupid eggs because there isn't much to help those, so you have to be on top of dips to make sure they dont lay more eggs as they grow,etc

stubbbs

havent seen any eggs...problem with dips either in iodine or fresh water is that i have alot of zoo colonies and to take them all out would be a mess. anyway, after adding the EXIT it seems i am on the right track. colonies are opening and seeing less colonies dying out. what a mess and lesson learned...ALWAYS DIP NEW ADDITIONS!!!!

K

kravjitsu

Just found several last night - I had no idea they were so small!!
I see lots of eggs, gonna try and remove them with a q-tip maybe but anyone know of anything that would eat the nudi eggs? A CUC member or a fish?

btldreef

Some wrasses, especially the Six Line Wrasse usually will eat them. I believe some cleaner shrimps will as well. A lot depends on how well the critters are fed in your tank. If you have a six line and some cleaner shrimp but feed them often, they're less likely to scavenge.