Nudibranch advice

i'm planning on getting a nudi branch and so far, the only one i know that is keepable is the lettuce. does anyone else ahave any advice and info, even for the lettuce, before i buy one that looks hella cool and it dies 5 secs later. thks in advance.

candycane

DONT get one. Nudis should stay in the wild as far as I am concerned. I have seen to many get sucked up by pump intakes, scortched by heaters, or eaten by tank members. They are a blob of jelly and just really not worth the risk. The only times that I have seen ANY survive were when they were lettuce nudis and absolutely HUGE. The tanks were also completely screened off for everything. If you are determined to get one, please invest in screening everything off extremely well.
Is there a certain problem you are trying to get rid of?

al mc

IMHO you are right that they will look cool for about 10 minutes after you put them in your tank and then you will never see them again.

well my pump intakes are covered with sponges my heater is in a sump and my overflow is as tthe very top of the tank with screening aroudn it. i was only planning on getting a lettuce anywyaas but i wanted to see if any o ther nudis were keepable

al mc

A truely functional Nudi that you can keep, although not colorful, are the Berghia that consume Aptasia, if you have that problem. They are generally small and nocturnal but they do work on the aptasia very well.
I tried early on in this hobby a couple colorful ones that did not last despite great measures to keep them safe from filters/powerheads.

walkerbrody

nothing about nudis, but sponges in reef tanks are generaly bad. Unless they are cleaned very often they are a nitrate factory.