nudibranch

lerch

I have heard that if thye are scared, harmed, or killed they will release a fatal toxin into the water possibly killing its tank mates.

Ive heard Nudibrachs are only good if you have a specific need for them.
and each kind will do different things
some will eat sponges,flat worms, bristle worms, and even other Nudibrachs.

I have a nudibranch along with several reef things and they do just fine. I was told before I bought it tht it was reef safe. He really doesnt do much. Just kinda slides around on the glass. I just bought it for its looks. Check out www.divegallery.com

jtoliver

It all depends on the type of nudi you get. There are many different species. Some feed on corals, some eat aptasia, some eat algae, and there is even a variety that sucks zooxanthella out of corals and it hasn't been proved that that is necessaraly harmful to the coral. some are perfectly safe and others will clean you out. So, you had better make sure that you know which you are getting.

What did the nudibranch look like? If it was one of the lime green ones with little white dots then yes they are reef safe. I had two in my tank that never messed with anything. They mostly just slid along the glass. I think they're really cute.