Nudilove's Tank Diary!

nudilove

Thanks everyone! I'll post more pics today, everyone looks happy, and the hermits keep changing out shells!

nudilove

Anemone foot....
The anemone is eating and ejecting waste and looking all poofy and happy but i can see some stuff protruding out the bottom.

Any comments?

zanoshanox

Looks alright to me, but those anemones shoudlnt be so close together, they could sting each other. Unless they're like the same species then you're alright.

saltn00b

looking good thus far, i wish you luck with the LTA, i had no luck with mine.... they often dont like to grip with the foot...

nudilove

Thanks!
The anemone crawled off of the shell he came on but wont reattach to the sand bed, he's sort of just twirling around this morning...weird.

sinaloa213

Originally Posted by NudiLove
Rex was hiding, so Spike takes the spotlight for today.

Oh sweet i got one of those.....same crab, same shell

K

kimc

NudiLove, how's your anemone doing??? LTA's prefer to plant in the sandbed, not on the rocks. Did you try to gently hold him in place to give him a chance to plant his foot?? Love the look of you tank BTW!!! Keep the pics coming!!

nudilove

Anemone appears to have anchored at least a bit in the sandbed, I'm not sure he's thrilled with the spot but he's doing okay.
Lighting is I think about 90 watts per flourescent compact tube in the dualpack, dual actinics and three LED's for moonlight.
Gotta VENT :mad: at my LFS.....
Basically my friend who works there fragged out a BIG chunk of xenia for me from his own tank for $20...Weell the frag cooked in his car and turned to mush so he took me into the store and offered like a $20 zoo frag to say sorry....His spiteful friend told the boss that he was fragging out stuff to me that the store sells for three times the price. And in order to keep my friend from getting fired I had to make up this psychotic story about me buying the newly shipped in fish and a random discount....
Well they had a brand new shipment sitting on the floor...And basically just to embarass me and so that my friend wouldnt get fired he stood there and opened about a billion boxes looking for a sixline wrasse which is what I had come looking for and was now being blackmailed into buying so my friend wouldnt get in trouble. He then picked out pretty much the sickest one Ive ever seen.....
So two hours of sitting waiting for them to find them and I just wanted to get out of there. Alas the poor sixline has expired....Thanks LFS....And their crappy policy is 'If it dies in your tank it isnt our problem"
*sigh*

nudilove

Yeah....worst day I've had in a while...
Poor sixline...I acclimated him suuuuuuuuuper slow and with a piece of rock to hide behind....
He was just floating upside down like his swim bladder was wonky, and when he DID swim he could stay upright but as soon as he stopped he flipped back over. Put him real gently into the tank with all the lights off and he darted behind a rock and hid.
Then I come back a few hours later and his little rigormortis-y carcass is stuck to the back of the tank....
I dont think im shopping at that LFS anymore...