Nurse claimed a life..

saltfisher

I went out of town for the weekend, left Friday. I fed both sharks rather well just before I left. Therefore they could go all day Saturday and some Sunday until I got back before they ate again. When I returned, my Hawkfish was gone. I checked the back of tank to make sure he didnt jump out before I got pissed. Well, he was nowhere to be found. That means the Nurse ate him. I know as he gets bigger this is going to become more of an issue. I might want to remove my Majestic before he gets killed. I paid toooo much for that Angel.

bullshark

Lessons hard learned, and not easily forgotten:
A Nurse Shark will kill everything else in your tank, eventually. Of course there are exceptions to any rule.
A Queen Trigger will also kill everything else in a tank.
A Green Moray eel will eat all fish in the tank.
I have resorted over the last couple of years to keeping only really big groupers with medium size triggers. Seems to work out well, as least for the last 3-4 years, anyways.

fishy88

unless you want it to grow REAL fast i wouldnt feed it every day. i would feed it 2 times a week.
ps do you still have your 90 gal

saltfisher

I dont feed it everyday. I cant let it go too hungry or it will feast on it's mates. Yes, I still have the 90. It is for sale in the other forum. $300 with Prizm skimmer and two hang-on filters