o man here we go again GRRR!!!

bill109

ok well i finally have almost completed my tank and now we r redoing some parts of my house aka some of my room.
my parents have said that in the future when the house is being redone they thought that the next tank is going in the wall!!!
this was a nice surprise but what do i do with the one just set up (30) i was thinnkin a 75 in the wall system and using the 30 for fw. well what happens to the 30 keep it running till the new 75 cycles considering that theres fish in it?
this probally isnt going to be until the end of the year or middle of next .. aka when our 2nd house sells in ct
So what do you suggest
i would go bigger buttttt i havent seen any tanks for sale over 55 gal so i was goignt to find a 75 idk where but somewhere
any help wld be cool
Thank you

bill109

ok heres the deal i have a wall that seperated the kitchen from the living room i want to put a 100 plus gallon in the wall
the wall just sticks out as a divider i was thinking on puttting a hole in the wall and setting it in the wall and putting somekind of steel frame around the opening for the tank since it is the supporting wall...
my dad and i have sorta talked about the design and putting it in a little but i need some other advice on how to do it.! the tank will be viewable form 2 sides is what im getting at.

bodie

Originally Posted by bill109
ok heres the deal i have a wall that seperated the kitchen from the living room i want to put a 100 plus gallon in the wall
the wall just sticks out as a divider i was thinking on puttting a hole in the wall and setting it in the wall and putting somekind of steel frame around the opening for the tank since it is the supporting wall...
my dad and i have sorta talked about the design and putting it in a little but i need some other advice on how to do it.! the tank will be viewable form 2 sides is what im getting at.
hi there.im a bricklayer from london,england,and i sugest if you want to do this you must make sure you have a pier at each end of the tank,with an r.s.j.over the top to support the load obove.fantastic idea but costly.

xdave

Those darn parents! You set up a 30 and they want to build an inwall tank. I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't even let you pay for it.

bill109

Originally Posted by bodie
hi there.im a bricklayer from london,england,and i sugest if you want to do this you must make sure you have a pier at each end of the tank,with an r.s.j.over the top to support the load obove.fantastic idea but costly.
could you explain this a little more and put some kind of a picture like a photo or a microsoft paint picture?

bill109

Originally Posted by xDave
Those darn parents! You set up a 30 and they want to build an inwall tank. I wouldn't be suprised if they didn't even let you pay for it.

lol well im only 15 so ill be paying for the tank and supplies but not the work done to the wall :jumping:

bill109

Originally Posted by xDave
Your tank must be pretty sweet for them to want to do that. :joy:
it is its beautiful im not gonna lie to ya.... well its a FOWLR with inverts lol so nothin much i hope it will work out lol