O NO! Now 3 of my fish have ick!Help!

wrassecal

I think my yellow tang, dwaf angel and royal gramma have ick! they each of varying degrees of white spots on their fins. I can't see any on their bodies yet, m aybe the gramma, the tom clown seems ok so far. I have colt coral, mushrooms, 3 shrimp lr. What do I do?

O

olim

my baby hippo has ich now going to try to catch him and put him in 10gal hospital tank when i set it up but dont know what is best med. to get

wrassecal

geez, I wish I could get some quick answers from experts. I don't have a q tank and I don't know what to do or how big of one I need if I have to put 3 fish in it! Or what med or hyposalinity or what to use.

jimi

If you dont have a qt tank or another tank to put your inverts in you may be in trouble. Hyposalinity is by far the best treatment for ich but cant be used on inverts. What did you do to cause the ich outbreak? New, unquarantined addition? You can try garlic soaked food but it may not work for sure.

wrassecal

Is 10 gal big enough for all three fish? I didn't know I could take corals out of main tank, cause I thought you couldn't put them back in after treatment and they can't do the hyposalinity thing. Oh yeah I forgot to mention, I have a bubble anenome too. Yes, I guess my dwarf angel brought it. Man I'm tired of making stupid mistakes!!!!

55reef55

feed with garlick(sp) mash up the food and garlick together let it the food soak in the garlick for a few minutes, then dump the food and garlick into the tank.. This is Great for curing ICK i have a hippo and powder blue tang that have came down with ick 2 times... both times have been fixed my this method, now i feed then 1 time a week with garlick. Now that they have gotton it 2 times i did a water change and got new stuff so i hope they wont get it again... But trust me this method does work!! just do it on a regular basis till you notice the white spots gone. Good luck

reef-addict

Never heard anything about garlic. 10g I think will be too small, try a 20g long, it would be much better.
I would also invest in a UV sterilizer, it might save you some headaches in the future.