O.T. computer problem

fishman88

ok everytime i vist any web site and turn off my computer then turn it back on in my favorites list there are 3 xxx things on there and i dont no what ios goin on i dont even go to xxx sites. i dont no what is goin on!!! any help will be greatly appreciated.
thanks
mike :happyfish

fender

Get some good anti-virus software, spy-ware and ad-ware removers and download all the latest IE security patches from MS.
--Spybot has worked fairly well for me at locating things that were installed without my knowing by malisious software and sites.

fishman88

Originally posted by Birdy
Is my husband over there?
LOL just kidding.

hahaha lmas that is very funny... but i dont no lrt me check lol j/p
mike :happyfish

fishman88

Originally posted by doodle1800
Whats your operating system?

what?!?!?!? sorry i am a dumass whaen it come to computers
mike:happyfish

mebigloser

Do a search for SpyBot as others has suggested, this is one of the best programs out there to solve your problem.

reefsoe

There invading your computer....
Do what Fender said allot of spy ware can easily get installed by accident and thats what happens... gotta have a Firewall

fishman830

no you havea trojan virus, they have a ---- dialer, thats how it gets on your computer.. thats how it hides itself

reefsoe

Your exactly right and I should have been more specific.. a software firewall like zonealarm has been a great help because you can block allot. But freebies like you mentioned are great to boot.

doodle1800

What operating system are you using? - XP? Windows 2000? Windows Millenium, Windows 98?
Also - what browser do you use? - Netscape, Internet Explorer?

saltymom

... I had that happen once, I wanted to show my mother in law sum pics of the kids...turn the puter on..XXX pops up..It wouldnt go away the more ya click ctrl alt delete..the more popped up!!.. I liked to killed my hubby when he got home from work.
I tried defrag it sat for two days and never did finish..I had to take it into radio shack and get the thing factory restored!

fishman830

i forget my list of trojans, but i had generic, backdoor, thats all i remember but i know i ended up formatting my computer, but good luck!!

doodle1800

I'm sorry - but defragging your hard drive will not fix problems like this. You either have a virus and need to have a antivirus program running all the time, when online., or you have "cookies" deposited on your drive from another computer. You need to clear these, or find a antivirus program and run it on your computer. You went to a site, clicked on something, and now you have this problem, obviously. I don't know if you know what cookies are, but go to your web browser and try to find an option to clear these. In netscape, its under "edit preferences" - security.