Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

spanko

Right where he belongs with the likes of Jimmy Carter, Yassar Arafat and Al Gore................what a bunch of poop!!!!!

geridoc

I find this award to be very annoying. It is a jab at the US. The award wasn't given to President Obama for anything he has done (he hasn't actually accomplished anything on the international scene yet), nor for what he is, but for what he isn't - he is not George Bush. The Eurocentric Nobel Committee is merely celebrating the reemergence of multilateral diplomacy, and IMHO, while that is probably a good thing, it isn't enough to earn someone a Nobel Prize. Liz Blackburn's Prize for Physiology and Medicine, awarded this year, is for work she did in the 1970s and 1980s.

shogun323

Originally Posted by dedecv3
http:///forum/post/3151267
This takes much credibility away from the Nobel Pease Prize.
I couldn't agree more. I feel this is a slap in the face to people such as as Mother Teresa who was awarded based on her lifes work!!!!
This is sad!!

ironeagle2006

Give me a break who gets it next. Usher for his dis of Taylor Swift at the VMA's give me a freaking Break he has DONE NOTHING his entire life and he is worth the Nobel Peace Prize.

reefraff

I think all but the most brain dead of the political left will be embarrassed about this. It really is the final nail in the coffin for the credibility of the Noble Committee.

reefraff

Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
http:///forum/post/3151293
Give me a break who gets it next. Usher for his dis of Taylor Swift at the VMA's give me a freaking Break he has DONE NOTHING his entire life and he is worth the Nobel Peace Prize.
Hey, look at it this way. He didn't get an award for creating a program that led to North Korea being able to develop nuclear weapons while we were bribing them not to.

jp30338

Originally Posted by ironeagle2006
http:///forum/post/3151293
By the way, it was Kanye, not Usher....

reefraff

Just heard they had to of reviewed this last summer and fall.
They gave him the award for campaign speeches LOL!!!

fishtaco

I heard the news last night and all I could think of was that it was going to drive the conservatives nuts. For a peace prize it is already generating a lot of hate. Sorry folks but I firmly believe in books not bombs and don't have a problem with it. Seem's like more of the same type of anti-American stuff as when people cheered because Obama could not get the Olympic's for Chicago. As always I would rather focus on real issues like term limits, what a joke the health care bill has turned out to be or exact strategies to bring our troops home from countries where people hate them no matter how much they try to help. I am not a huge fan of Obama, but I am not looking for his birth certificate either if you know what I mean, besides why are all you far-righties so upset a Kenyan won the prize anyway?
Fishtaco

reefraff

Originally Posted by Fishtaco
http:///forum/post/3151323
I heard the news last night and all I could think of was that it was going to drive the conservatives nuts. For a peace prize it is already generating a lot of hate. Sorry folks but I firmly believe in books not bombs and don't have a problem with it. Seem's like more of the same type of anti-American stuff as when people cheered because Obama could not get the Olympic's for Chicago. As always I would rather focus on real issues like term limits, what a joke the health care bill has turned out to be or exact strategies to bring our troops home from countries where people hate them no matter how much they try to help. I am not a huge fan of Obama, but I am not looking for his birth certificate either if you know what I mean, besides why are all you far-righties so upset a Kenyan won the prize anyway?
Fishtaco
Is it hate to point out flawed logic and policies being pushed by Obama? Is it hate to point out even Obama himself didn't think he deserved the prize? I think not. You lefties really crack me up. Nobody ever criticizes Obama based on legitimate concerns, we're all red necked haters, racists or, and this one just cracks me up, anti-America.

fishtaco

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3151330
Is it hate to point out flawed logic and policies being pushed by Obama? Is it hate to point out even Obama himself didn't think he deserved the prize? I think not. You lefties really crack me up. Nobody ever criticizes Obama based on legitimate concerns, we're all red necked haters, racists or, and this one just cracks me up, anti-America.

Yeah, except the far-right is having a fit over this issue and it was the one I was addressing and thanks for calling me a leftie when I am not. Are you conservatives really not smart enough to figure out that just because someone completely rejects government by the far-right, IT DOES NOT MAKE THEM A LIBERAL? Meanwhile I will ask again, why are you people so upset a Kenyan won the Nobel.

Fishtaco

mantisman51

FishTaco, I guess we should throw An Inconvenient Truth at al Qaeda? And when the Nazis were slaughtering millions, maybe throw Chamberlains accord at them? You can sit and steep in your self righteousness thanks to the brave men who had the guts to actually put themselves in harms way-and those who are still bravely putting themselves between those who hate you because of the stupidity found in most left wing books. Reading your posts makes me love and respect the warriors even more. Cause we sure couldn't count on pacifists for anything more than a guaranteed decent into anarchy and tyranny.