Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize

ironeagle2006

Better yet instead of Kanye West how about the Willaims Sister that blew up at the linesmen at the US Open this year. Or how about Kim Jong IL for the Peace Prize Next Year or Irans President Amandinazahad for promoting Peace in their regions. Better yet how about Mo Tao Sung for his Peace Loving revolution in China what did that kill 70 million.

reefraff

Originally Posted by Fishtaco
http:///forum/post/3151441
Nope, I am very middle of the road and a fiscal conservative. I just don't have any use for the far right or far left in this country. If there was a conservative in power I would be ragging just as hard on far lefties who take things too far. I also think you should reread my original post instead of jumping to conclusions. How is wanting the far-right to keep the focus on real issues instead of crying wolf twice a week over non-issues make me a lib?
Fishtaco
Is complaining about the disaster of a health care scheme crying about a non issue? Is pointing out that Obama is dragging his feet on Afghanistan when the General OBAMA put in to do the job says he needs more troops to enact the strategy OBAMA signed on to months ago a non issue. Cap and trade, Voter fraud etc. I would say so far the right wingers are doing a better job of keeping their eye on the ball than the anti-Bush faction did.

zman1

As Journey always pointed out - Iraq was a US operation and Afghanistan is a NATO Operation.
Has the NATO commander requested more troops from NATO? The origin of the attack against us was from there. We were sidelined by the Bush’ wars of Iraq and allowed the fight to be sidelined.
With that said I think we should send more troops and drone the heck out of Pakistan.
OP - It is always good that americans recieve an international award - John McCain
Now the Afghanistan Taliban agree with most of the negative views on here - he is undeserving...

fishtaco

Originally Posted by reefraff
http:///forum/post/3151873
Is complaining about the disaster of a health care scheme crying about a non issue? Is pointing out that Obama is dragging his feet on Afghanistan when the General OBAMA put in to do the job says he needs more troops to enact the strategy OBAMA signed on to months ago a non issue. Cap and trade, Voter fraud etc. I would say so far the right wingers are doing a better job of keeping their eye on the ball than the anti-Bush faction did.
Do you ever see me poking fun when the right-wing is actually posting about issues in a factual manner? It is all the "other" stuff that ticks me off. I would take a look at this general that everyone puts some much faith in though, from what I can tell he was the point man on the whole Pat Tillman/friendly fire cover-up which was terrible?
Fishtaco

ophiura

Oh wait, Beyonce is out. She was born in Houston, which is in Texas...so ya know, that's a Bush thing.
Carry on.

snakeblitz33

I personally don't think he's done anything to deserve the prize. It makes the Nobel prize loose its integrity, IMHO.

reefraff

http:///forum/post/3151323
I heard the news last night and all I could think of was that it was going to drive the conservatives nuts. For a peace prize it is already generating a lot of hate. Sorry folks but I firmly believe in books not bombs and don't have a problem with it. Seem's like more of the same type of anti-American stuff as when people cheered because Obama could not get the Olympic's for Chicago. As always I would rather focus on real issues like term limits, what a joke the health care bill has turned out to be or exact strategies to bring our troops home from countries where people hate them no matter how much they try to help. I am not a huge fan of Obama, but I am not looking for his birth certificate either if you know what I mean, besides why are all you far-righties so upset a Kenyan won the prize anyway?
Fishtaco

http:///forum/post/3151920
Do you ever see me poking fun when the right-wing is actually posting about issues in a factual manner? It is all the "other" stuff that ticks me off. I would take a look at this general that everyone puts some much faith in though, from what I can tell he was the point man on the whole Pat Tillman/friendly fire cover-up which was terrible?
Fishtaco
"Drive the conservatives nuts" Not Right wingers, not the Christian Right, "Conservatives".
Doesn't sound like a statement someone who claims to be a conservative would make.

fishtaco

http:///forum/post/3151936
"Drive the conservatives nuts" Not Right wingers, not the Christian Right, "Conservatives".
Doesn't sound like a statement someone who claims to be a conservative would make.
Your right, I should have worded that differently.

Fishtaco

reefraff

Originally Posted by zman1
http:///forum/post/3151891
As Journey always pointed out - Iraq was a US operation and Afghanistan is a NATO Operation.
Has the NATO commander requested more troops from NATO? The origin of the attack against us was from there. We were sidelined by the Bush’ wars of Iraq and allowed the fight to be sidelined.
With that said I think we should send more troops and drone the heck out of Pakistan.
OP - It is always good that americans recieve an international award - John McCain
Now the Afghanistan Taliban agree with most of the negative views on here - he is undeserving...
McCain is wrong, It is good when Americans EARN an award.
I actually had to look up the NATO issue to see how the power structure is set up there. NATO is only doing combat missions in a specific region of the country. The rest of the country is a US led operation so our guy in charge is calling the shots.

zman1

http:///forum/post/3151947
McCain is wrong, It is good when Americans EARN an award.
I guess you and the Taliban are on the same page, too.
It's going to be good for charities to receive the $1.4 million award he gets with it. That's a nice chunk of personal change to give away...
Perhaps ACORN will get some -

reefraff

Originally Posted by zman1
http:///forum/post/3152018
I guess you and the Taliban are on the same page, too.
It's going to be good for charities to receive the $1.4 million award he gets with it. That's a nice chunk of personal change to give away...
Perhaps ACORN will get some -

What does it matter what the Taliban or ACORN or any other terrorist organization thinks about it? So he is giving away the money even he says he doesn't deserve, nice gesture, I think the Ossiah handled it fine. It isn't his fault the committee is fill with a bunch of hacks.

atggaattctag

This confused me too. And I'm one of those crazy "libbys" or "leftys" or whatever nasty name people wanna give it. It clearly wasn't given to him because of anything he had done. He was nominated because he won the office? Before he had done anything? Hmm.
Go Elizabeth Blackburn. Now she's someone who deserved it.

nobama777

Did he win the prize because he was able to sucessfully
steal the election?Everything he said was BS just to get
elected!Maybe they gave it to him for his constant apologizing
for America.He went around the nation for two years on his
faux jet telling America how bad things were.The media ate
right out of his greedy hands.Soon people were afraid to buy
anything and people started losing their jobs.As soon as he
got elected he started saying the EXACT same things McCain said.
Unfortunatly,it was too late!Everyday Obama does more and more
damage to America and it will take longer and longer to get out of
this hole Obama,Axlerod,Jarret and Emanuel have dug.Peace Prize?
It' a JOKE!!

darthtang aw

Originally Posted by Nobama777
http:///forum/post/3152360
Did he win the prize because he was able to sucessfully
steal the election?Everything he said was BS just to get
elected!Maybe they gave it to him for his constant apologizing
for America.He went around the nation for two years on his
faux jet telling America how bad things were.The media ate
right out of his greedy hands.Soon people were afraid to buy
anything and people started losing their jobs.As soon as he
got elected he started saying the EXACT same things McCain said.
Unfortunatly,it was too late!Everyday Obama does more and more
damage to America and it will take longer and longer to get out of
this hole Obama,Axlerod,Jarret and Emanuel have dug.Peace Prize?
It' a JOKE!!
How sad and retarded does one have to be to go make their own special anti-obama screen name just so they can bash him? The rest of us do this with our known screen name. How sad and pathetic are you?

geridoc

Originally Posted by ATGGAATTCTAG
http:///forum/post/3152353
This confused me too. And I'm one of those crazy "libbys" or "leftys" or whatever nasty name people wanna give it. It clearly wasn't given to him because of anything he had done. He was nominated because he won the office? Before he had done anything? Hmm.
Go Elizabeth Blackburn. Now she's someone who deserved it.
Let me guess - your reference to Liz Blackburn and your screen name (part of the recA gene) - are you a molecular biologist, per chance?

atggaattctag

Nah, I'm just a student. But before long I will be, hopefully. The name is just a start codon, stop codon, with a EcoRI restriction site thrown in the middle. I'm just not very good a picking screen names.

mantisman51

I am a fairly right wing guy. But I don't get all the hate thrown Obama's way. He hasn't been a flaming lefty. Yeah he's had a liberal agenda-he's a liberal. I think all of these lefty organizations have embarrassed him and he's shown himself to be a classy guy. So I disagree with him on Gitmo and reaching out to some bad folks to make peace. Let's disagree and talk about issues.