Ocean rider seahorses

madd catt

Has anyone here have ocean rider seahorses and how are the doing?Have you had them for months?
I was just wondering if they are easier too keep,thanks.

moopiespoo

I am planning to get my ponies from OR. I like the fact that their CB. They also say they are trained to eating frozen enriched mysis(we'll see about that). They have a ton of testemonials on the site too. So I think they will be a good place to buy from, but any seahorse isn't EASY to keep ,as I will probably find out, no matter where you get them.

killafins

Ocean Rider is a very well respected website that sells captive bred seahorses. They do train them to eat frozen mysis but that doesn't mean it may change its mind later on. THey can do nothing about that.
black clam, your bacterial infection will have no relation to ocean rider... there must have been something wrong with the tank.
However, like all websites stress of shipping can be a huge problem so just be prepared for something happening.
Before getting seahorses, please research... research... and prepare yourself for ANYTHING that can go wrong. Read lots of stuff until you start reciting the book. It's very important to be very educated when dealign with these creatures.

bahamianme

I've had 2 pairs of OR seahorses. They were beautiful but you cannot have anything else in the tank with them. They are slow, slow eaters and even tho they said theat they trained them, I had one that would not eat period. My horses kept getting gas and I tried to relieve them of the gas, please read up on this because it is very important. Before you buy horses, research on the different problems that can occure because IT will occur and you have to be ready.:eek: