Ocean water?

M

medic79

Okay this may be a dumb question but I was wondering if anyone knows if the ocean water you buy at ***** has a shelf life. Because I have a 5 box of the stuff that I've had for about 3 weeks and I didn't know if it would be safe to use on a water change.

wilsonreef

I would think it would be ok. You've got to wonder how long they have had it from the time it reaches their distribution center until the time it reaches the store. And then how long it sits on their shelf before someone buys it. I'm sure there is a shelf life but I bet it's not a short one. JMO

M

medic79

cool deal i guess I'll test then use it and see what happens and let everyone know.

steve24

i would think if there is a shelf life, there would be a date of some sort printed on it ...
steve

M

medic79

Ahh Genuis I never thought to look for a date on the bottom of the box. Says it's best used before Jan 2007.

kynan

If it smells "off" don't use it. Thank god I live near the water, I just go and grab natural sea water. You should see the weird looks I get when I off load 5 gallon water jugs full of water off my fishing boat!

darrellwaj

Kynan, I too am near an ocean. I was wondering how do you clean up the water you get? I would like to try it. I get my water from Half Moon Bay, but it buy it for .99/gal. If it is easier to clean it up and make it disease free and fish safe I would like to know. Interesting.