Oceanic Contact For Warranty Claims

fishermon

I've seen previous threads naming a guy with Oceanic that handles warranty claims.
I got my 29g cube yesterday.
The left side (intake) fan is not working.

Could someone please post his name & #?
I've read he's very helpful.

anthonyhnj

1-800-255-4527
There is a guy Nick there that I've heard people mention his ext.1234 When I called I asked to speak to someone in support. The woman I spoke with took my information, I explained the issue I was having (10K Light) and like that she told me a new one was in the mail. This was my first dealing with oceanic support, and I must say it was very pleasant.
Good Luck

fishermon

Thanks for the info. I spoke with him & told him about some issues with the tank. He told me to return it & get a new one.
One of the fans wasn't working, and there were some cosmetic "quality control" issues with the tank. The black sealant on the bottom was poorly done. There was alot of excess I had to peel off & more that I didn't. On the bottom of the front the plastic must not have come off the mold correctly. There is a spot about 5" long where the edges have sharp pertruding plastic. I tried to work it down, but it's noticeable. And all that white crap on the wires.
I called Nick @ Oceanic & he said to return it to my lfs & get a new one, and they'd send it back.
He was very nice, apologetic, and helpful.
The only problem is my LFS does not stock them. I called them & told them what was going on. They were very nice, apologetic, & helpful also. They ordered one today but they only get their shipments from the distributer on Thursdays.
I'm happy with the cust. service & end result, but I must wait another week to get this cube going!

fishermon

its easier to swap out tanks when they are empty......
Exellent Point!
I am glad I'm getting a new one instead of feeling like I got a lemon.
I was sooo looking forward to this weekend to get the cube up & running.
I've been planning this out for months.
The anticipation is killing me!

coral keeper

I'm not trying to hijack your thread FISHERMON, but I have 1 question. One of my moon lights burnt out in my size 8 oceanic bio cube for some reason and the other one is still working, I had the tank for 1 year and 2-3 weeks. Is it possible that they can replace the moon light or ship me a new moon light? I have the receipt and the warranty papers still.