Oceanic Natural Sea Salt- Help

matte

Good evening all!
So I made a switch to Oceanic Natural Sea Salt recently but I'm having an issue with "Stewing" it for my water changes.
After a day of "stewing" I still have very cloudy water with a lot of calcium precipitation. Water when mixed was 79F, with two power heads going.
Is Oceanic salt mix suppose to stew? Because 5 min after i mixed all the salt to my required SG (1.026) the water was crystal clear.
Just looking for a little help on what to do with this stuff.

A

abeandlulu

By "stewing" you mean circulating? I dont use that kind of salt. I use tropic marin pro reef. Mine tins to be cloudy when I first mix it for about an hour then clears up. But i always let it sit for 24 to 48 hours before I use it.

matte

yes, i mean circulate :). Well i'll let it circulate another day before my weekly water change.

A

abeandlulu

Sorry I know I wasnt much help. Ive never had my water stay cloudy long at all. Maybe someone else will chime in soon.

matte

I'm curious if its a brand thing, where is doesn't have to "cure" Hopefully someone will chime in that uses the stuff :)

A

abeandlulu

It should not have to cure. You dont have an air stone in there. The air bubbles can make it look cloudy?

matte

no air stone. just powerheads. Maybe my aquarist jargon is a bit off. I meant circulate.