Oceanic Salt

muskyhunte

Just wanted every one to know that I made the change from Red Sea Salt to Oceanic in my reef tank. WOW what a difference. My corals are fuller and have better color then ever. My live rock picked up a ton of color as well. I also have been monitoring my calicum and it stays at 465 all the time. This was a great move for me to change salts. I also noticed that my water is super clear, its like looking into air. I am in the process of starting to change my non reef tank over as well. I would advise a Red Sea Salt users to check out Oceanic Salt. Is there any one out there that has had problems with the Red Sea Salt. I always had calicum level problems and Nitrate problems when using this salt.

jenn-e

I am in the process of switching to Oceanic too. I am just starting to use it for water changes. Hopefully i will soon see the same effects:jumping:

nero

I use oceanic salt and I love it :) its clear and fast disolving. I would recommend it to everyone.

T

tizzo

I think we need an Oceanic sticky!!:D
I went through IO and Red Sea, never got the calcium/Alk readings that I do now!!!
And it dissolves faster. When I have to stir up an emergency batch to fill my filter because I cleaned it out without any premade saltwater... Mixes real fast. I, like you, love it also!

moprint

Hey jump on the bandwagon it is the new craze!! I will stick with IO the best salt ever made. Good luck to you all.

T

thomas712

I would like to try the new Oceanic myself.
I personally have found IO lacking in some cases, good in others, and Deadly to my entire system once. Check the old Instand Ocean threads by my user name.
Thomas712

evilss

i made the switch to Oceanic a few months ago. i will never use another kind of salt again. its simply amazing.

muskyhunte

Is any one finding that there calicum stays more level and not all over the place. I made the change and my calicum level stays at 465. When I used Red Sea it was all over the place. One day it was hign and the next day it was low. I am a beliver in Oceanic Salt.

muskyhunte

chriscobb
Your telling me you did not see a change in color in your live rock. Your water was not like looking into air. I see a huge difference in my tank. My corals are nice and open I have awsome color in my rock now and my calicum level is not all over the place. My nitrates are at an all time low and my fish even look better.

badkharma

Originally posted by moprint
Hey jump on the bandwagon it is the new craze!! I will stick with IO the best salt ever made. Good luck to you all.

It's not a bandwagon. It's a flatbed freight train, and everyone's jumping on. And there's a reason for it. Oceanic is, bar none, the best salt out there for several reasons. I used to use IO and I'll never use it again. Admit it, you just like seeing the clownfish on the front of the packaging! :D
:happy:

a short

I also switched from IO to oceanic and saw a huge increase in my coraline alage. I love the stuff!:cheer:

cowfishrule

i have half a bag of i/o at home from my last salt water run, and even my lfs knucklehead said to go with oceanic

muskyhunte

There is no bandwagon saga here. All you IO user are just afraid to admit the truth. Oceanic is the a better salt for your tank. Once again results speak for them self. Oceanic salt rules