Oceanic Systems

michaeltx

oceanic is a reputable dealer in saltwater aquria.
I dont have a tank of theres but the quality id up there!!
Mike

michaeltx

honestly I dont know but they are higher thena lot of the tanks offered but are better built and have warranties I think 5year as most tanks have a 1 year warranty with them. I will check with the LFS here tomorrow and see what theres run
BTW what part of Texas are you in.
Mike

shanev

Are you looking or the stand canopy and tank and all or just the tank? Reef-ready or not?
Tank/Stand Canopy Top glass NO strip light
~650.00 for non reef ready
~800.00 for reef/ready
If you have the ability and time and want to build your own stand and canopy you can save a lot of money.
Tank Only
Non reef ~250
RR ~400

oceanic110

I have had my Oceanic 110 for about 8yrs. Never had a problem
with it. I even had to move the tank from two locations, never
had any leaks. Great quality!
To get the 5yr. warranty I think you have to buy tank and a stand together.

delphi

Thanks for all of your help. I will probably try to get the tank and stand, maybe hood. Will the lighting that comes with the tank be suffecient for a FOWLR?

S

simm

Originally posted by delphi
Will the lighting that comes with the tank be suffecient for a FOWLR?

Has for me. I just only changed the bulbs to 50/50 actinic.

S

simm

Brand of lighting. Its brighter than the normal light bulbs that come with the hood. The light spectrum. Makes everything in tank stand out more.
Lamp phosphors are 50% - 6,000° Kelvin natural daylight and 50% actinic 03 blue.

D

daniel411

You can't really go wrong with an oceanic, great quality, great seams, but a bit pricey

shanev

actinic isnt really a brand, its a spectrum, the blue end of the spectrum. 50/50 has half white/ half actinic spectrum. If your not going to have any coral you dont really NEED actinic as nothing in your tank needs the light. That being said I perfer a 50/50 light over a "daylight" bulb as I like the blueish color over a yellowish color. Its really personal preference.

delphi

Does anyone have pics of their Oceanic 58 setup? I would also welcome any other tank pics that are close to the same dimensions as the Oceanic 58. 36.5l x 18.5w x 21.5h
I am trying to get an idea for setup of live rock...
I am looking forward to seeing your beautiful tanks!!!:D

dpdiver

I have made a few changes since this pic. Here is an early morning pic. Just turned on the lights, so everything is still sleeping lol

clownfish2

delphi, I have a 125 All-Glass with an Oceanic stand. This tank has been moved I don't really know how many times and I have never once had a bit of problems with it. No leaks no nothing. If you are not in any hurry just shop around and see what you can come up with. Hope this will help you out a little.;)

wrassecal

I have an Oceanic 135. They only sell through distributers but the company is actually in your area. Check their website. I got a good deal on mine because it had a tiny scratch on it. You might check around the lfs's in your area and get someone to call them and see what they have.....if you want to that is. They are great tanks.