oceanic

r6danger

anyone know the different sizes for an oceanic bowfront? looking for something in the 90-110 gallon range...all-glass makes bow fronts but only 46, 72, and 155 gallon...72 is too small and 155 is too big...i want a bow front a little bigger than 72 gallons but not quite 155 can find any info on this anywhere

mr . salty

Not to sound like I'm talking you out of the bowfront,But are you aware of the lighting problems with these tanks???? #1 they are next to impossible to find a HOOD for.And if you do they are very expensive.#2 the "bow"section of the tank is also impossible to light.They are beutifull tanks,but even for a fish only setup,a large one will be a problem with lighting. Might want to look at the flat front tanks...

foobaby

I agree with Salty, I own a 72bow FO and looking to set up as a reef but have much difficulty finding lights/canopy to work with this bow.

goofieones

Oceanic just came out with the 90 gallon bow front. I have a 72 gal bow, and don't have any problems with lighting in my tank. But if you do a reef I can see problems with lighting in that setup. When I bought mine, it came with a single light strip, but see if you can get the double light strip one, this way you can put two bulbs in at a time, each light has it's own cord and switch. So you can have a daylight bulb and another one.

blueberryboomer

Hi, we have a 72 gal bow front tank, We love it. Yes finding a hood to fit is very hard to do. We looked everywhere and could not find one. Finally my hubby (fixit) built one, we wanted to add a MH light to the bow part. It looks great and we got our MH. I say if you like the bow front don't let the idea of not being able to find a hood stand in the way of buying it, they're not that hard to make. If you decide to buy the bow, and want to build the hood e-mail me and I'll have fixit send you the info. Later Lisa :D

goofieones

Oceanic does make a hood and stand for the tank. My lfs has all the stuff for accessories, so if your store sells the full line of Oceanic they should be able to get you the canopy,hood and stand.... All Oceanic.

pufferlover

I am a big fan of oceanic tanks ( currently have a 135, 125, 2-58's) all oceanics, most of my others are all-glass. For the money I think Oceanic makes a great tank.

r6danger

does the new oceanic 90 gallon available with a built-in overflow? i want a bowfront in the 90-110 gallon range with a built in overflow

If Im not mistaken AllGlass just bought out Oceanic, My LFS has a 92gal corner tank that has the bow front Made by all glass that comes reef ready. It looks great I have a small 46 gal bowfront and was gonna buy the 72gal until Isaw the corner tank now that is going to be my next purchase.
Just my 2cents.........

goofieones

All glass did buy out Oceanic, but they still are producing sepratly. The 90gal bow has the built in overflow on the left side.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I have a 72gal bow AGA, and it is indeed hard to convert these tanks over to FOWLR and reef due to the lighting issue. I am in the process of having a canopy custom built now to accomodate the "bow", however, before doing this, I contacted AGA...they said that they do not make the bow canopy because it was too costly for them to do so. They told me that Oceanic makes the bow canopy but that it was made of formica, not wood. Well, I have the AGA pine wood stand, so I didn't want a formica top.
I'll let you all know how the canopy works out as soon as its delievered.
Also, if I had it to do over again, I'd get a reg. rectanglar aquarium. The 72gal bow is more like the size of a 55gal rectanglar and, if you ask me, the bow front glass is not as clear looking as the straight front glass of reg aquariums. .