oceans motions 4way

daceman89

Does anyone have an oceansmotion 4way or 8way. My question is can you put it on a timer for about 12 hours. I'm having trouble feedind fish with it on and also i'm running a 4way with a sequenceflo hammerhead and the hum is driving me CRAZY:mad: :mad: :mad: . My other concern is if i put it on a timer will the water sitting in the plumbing become a problem.

redxlch

Howdy,
Has this "hum" been there from the get go? I run a dart, same pump, just different rpm I believe. What is your intake pipe size and output pipe, flex or solid? DO you have the pump mounted to wood?
After mine ran a while, it developed a tinking noise and I was concerned. Soon as the sand settled it became quient as a mouse. You have to try hard to hear the cooling fan.

daceman89

Originally posted by RedXLCH
Howdy,
Has this "hum" been there from the get go? I run a dart, same pump, just different rpm I believe. What is your intake pipe size and output pipe, flex or solid? DO you have the pump mounted to wood?
yes it has. i think it's just that that is a very powerful pump. Maybe too powerful for oceansmotions. My water is moving like a hurricane plus i have a Tunze pump. The intake is 1 1/2" as the output is the same, And i do have it mounted on wood. I'm sure the sound is coming just from the pump turnning. It's a
BIG PUMP, Bigger then all my other pumps including my iwakis.

redxlch

Yep, I know how big they are and how much water they move. I was afraid mine would make a lot of noise so when I bought it, I asked what size pipe I should use, they insisted a minimum 2" inlet and 1 1/2" for two feet from the pump. I used the 2" inlet all the way from the tank and 1 1/2 for about 3 feet then T'd into a pair of 1". Keep in mind that mine is a 3600gph. Perhaps you should use larger piping for a 5800gph? I can slowly close my ball valve say 1/2 way and the pump starts to hum and it really hums at 1/4 closed.

redxlch

Yep, they move ALOT of water. I've since added T's inside the tank to disperse some of the flow to keep the sand from stirring.
I thought about the ocean motion setup for a bit. I'm just not ready to jump on the wagon just yet. My tank is drilled so I could use a 4-way.
What size tank are you running this on?

daceman89

Yep, they move ALOT of water. I've since added T's inside the tank to disperse some of the flow to keep the sand from stirring.
I thought about the ocean motion setup for a bit. I'm just not ready to jump on the wagon just yet. My tank is drilled so I could use a 4-way.
What size tank are you running this on?

A 180 gal and i'm having problems trying to keep it from stiring up the sand bed. i have 4 revolutions i haven't installed yet. I hope they will divert the water in a way that would reduce sand stiring up

daceman89

Looking very nice. Can't wait to get mine going full speed. Xmas is gonna slow me down.

I'm sure xmas will go by quickly and you will get back on track again.