oceansgarden.com????

peef

Anyone heard of oceansgarden.com yet? It is part of SWF.com but I had JUST found out about it. Seems pretty cool.
And sorry mods if this is not allowed...I just thought because swf.com IS oceansgarden.com it wouldn't be considered a "competitor".

alix2.0

ive checked them out. i may order from them sometime, but i havent yet because i always have credit with SWF and it doesnt apply on that site.

aquaknight

Yep, it's definitely a cool site/idea about the hobby. The only thing is that I wished they had Large Angels avialable. Dealing with some species of Large Angels have bad, to absolutely horrible track records, and most speices are just down right finicky. Their complete abstance from a vendor that claims they only sell properly/ethically collected fish, certainly makes you wonder how most of the Large Angels in our hobby have been collected.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Oceansgarden is not a part of SWF.com, but it is owned and operated by the same owners as SWF.com. It is a separate company. There is not a problem discussing OG here.

michaeltx

SWF.com really gets involved in the process of collection practices and other related agendas. For some interesting reading on SWF.com actually taking the time to travel to the villages and seeing the collection of the fish they sell read SWF.com blog here.. I cant say that I know to many stores or owners of sites that actually go to this extent.
Mike

1journeyman

It is an incredible advance in the hobby. I'm particularly excited to seeing it launch and have high hopes for it.

aquaknight

Mods, was it expressed to the admins/could you guys if it hasn't been, express to the admins the sincere interest in possibly applying SWF credits to oceansgarden? Maybe only some type of percentage of a SWF credit or something? Like a $20 SWF credit is only worth $10 on OG?

renogaw

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE
http:///forum/post/2878426
lets just hope it does slightly better than their auction site.
i think people forget that full out selling here has not always been around. and finding, what three?, businesses abusing swf.com's selling policy was worth it in my eyes.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by renogaw
http:///forum/post/2878443
i think people forget that full out selling here has not always been around. and finding, what three?, businesses abusing swf.com's selling policy was worth it in my eyes.
3 a week is probably closer to the truth... Seriously.

1journeyman

Originally Posted by AquaKnight
http:///forum/post/2878432
Mods, was it expressed to the admins/could you guys if it hasn't been, express to the admins the sincere interest in possibly applying SWF credits to oceansgarden? Maybe only some type of percentage of a SWF credit or something? Like a $20 SWF credit is only worth $10 on OG?
I know for now Admin has expressed an interest in keeping them as separate businesses.
Understand, however... Buying from SWF supports the owners of OG. That, in itself, goes a long ways in showing them they are moving in the right direction, I would think.

aquaknight

Thanks journey. The only real thing behind that was them using the same pics and member pics on OG, and if that was the case, then maybe just those members should get an OG credit or something.

Oh, one more thing. If they could explain, possibly here or something, how they are keeping SWF and OG seperate. Mostly just for peace of mind. I'm sure a lot of members are curious too. Just like if they have seperate facilities, holding systems, etc. Basically just when they order a shipment for OG, a royal gramma for instance, they aren't just dumped into the same royal gramma holding bin, as one for SWF.

stdreb27

http:///forum/post/2878498
Thanks journey. The only real thing behind that was them using the same pics and member pics on OG, and if that was the case, then maybe just those members should get an OG credit or something.

Oh, one more thing. If they could explain, possibly here or something, how they are keeping SWF and OG seperate. Mostly just for peace of mind. I'm sure a lot of members are curious too. Just like if they have seperate faculties, holding systems, etc. Basically just when they order a shipment for OG, a royal gramma for instance, they aren't just dumped into the same royal gramma holding bin, as one for SWF.
It is a name brand issue. IMO they are trying to start from scratch on branding. In an attempt to get into a market with good margin. Like what ORA does...
Thus they don't want any branding associations with SWF.

aquaknight

True enough, I'm perhaps more interested in the latter part of my post. OG and SWF both have the same Ft. Pierce, FL location listed. I was just interested in if I ordered a $69.99 Potter's Angel from OG, it just wasn't pulled from the $49.99 Potter's SWF holding bin. I completely down with the intentions of OG, the whole paying the collectors fairly and what not, and would love to help. But am curious to what facilities and stuff they setup for OG seperate from SWF.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
http:///forum/post/2878432

Why don't you suggest it in the Ask SWF forum?