ocelarris larvae

pissyfish

i knew my clowns have been doing mating dance for a month... but tonight i turned on my single led flashlight after dark and counted four babies in different locations... they'd dart into the rocks when they saw the light. according to my research they're about 3 days old. any hope for them? i certainly cant catch them! cant get a pic, either.

rod buehle

Originally Posted by PissyFish
http:///forum/post/3017852
i knew my clowns have been doing mating dance for a month... but tonight i turned on my single led flashlight after dark and counted four babies in different locations... they'd dart into the rocks when they saw the light. according to my research they're about 3 days old. any hope for them? i certainly cant catch them! cant get a pic, either.

More than likely just some mysid shrimp. I breed many clowns, and there have been 100s of times when guests have said "' HEY.. you have babies over here too!" but they are just seeing mysids. If they were fry, they wouldnt be darting. they would be attracted to the light. they would be ststioned with their noses against a glass and that only if you dont have hardly any flow in your tank.