Octopus And Shark Fight

nicole05

Originally Posted by jasonlwrig
That was a big a** octopus! Jeez!

with a huge appitie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dragonzim

Does anyone know if an octopus that size only lives a year or 2 like the smaller ones we'd see in an aquarium? Seems awful big to live such a short time...

maxalmon

I would suspect that the shark simply suffocated, didn't seem like much of a struggle. That must have been one hungry octopus......Just imagine if it was a diver

arsen_36

i think im gonna swap the water in my pool to saltwater and get me an octopus and feed it sharks..... :thinking:

natep206

i live in seattle and will be working there in the summer
Originally Posted by DragonZim
Does anyone know if an octopus that size only lives a year or 2 like the smaller ones we'd see in an aquarium? Seems awful big to live such a short time...

they have a normal life span as any octopus 1-2 years they r gaint pacific octopus so they get much bigger. i think the biggest one they have had there was some where around 400lbs
Originally Posted by maxalmon
I would suspect that the shark simply suffocated, didn't seem like much of a struggle. That must have been one hungry octopus......Just imagine if it was a diver

they dont suficate there pray the reach out there 2 longest and strongest legs and reel there pray in then wrap all there lega around it and draw it in to its beak when full grown is easily 1' in diameter and bite right behind there lower jaw to kill them
Originally Posted by nicole05

with a huge appitie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no acctully they dont eat much those sharks they didnt eat jsut killed. after they lay there eggs the dont eat for monthes

agent707

The video looks like a color negative to me. Can't see anything. Oh well. Guess I don't have the right codec installed?

dustysage

That was amazing. Not sure why it is considered a funny video. But it did have a sort of tragic beauty of the wild to it. Who would have thought that an Octopus could take a 4 foot shark.

aw2

Originally Posted by NateP206
they have a normal life span as any octopus 1-2 years they r gaint pacific octopus so they get much bigger. i think the biggest one they have had there was some where around 400lbs
Incorrect. Giant Pacific Octopus do not live the same life span as their smaller cousins. They can live for 8 - 10 years.
Originally Posted by NateP206

No acctully they dont eat much those sharks they didnt eat jsut killed. after they lay there eggs the dont eat for monthes
The narrator said "shark carcasses", meaning half eaten sharks.