Octopus BH-100 SS Skimmer Help

howiet4702

Hello everyone,
I have been searching on these forums for a few weeks now and I have read so much useful info. I just received my skimmer today and there is a instruction sheet that I do not understand at all. Does anyone own this that has seen real instructions for me to follow?
I never had a skimmer before so this is all new to me.
I also searched the forums but all the pics are different from the one I purchased.
Thanks,
Howard

kichimark

Hi howiet4702,
I got the same skimmer and know what you mean on the intstructions. Did your skimmer come half assembled? It is pretty much like the drawing in the paper that came with the skimmer.

kichimark

This is an intank pic I took to show you how it looks on the inside. Don't pay attention to the urchin and stars, they came seperate.

kichimark

BTW when you do set it up there might be a lot of microbubbles going into the tank. Don't be alarmed by this (I was at first). The bubbles will diminish over time. Sorry I can't help you on finding instructions. I tried before when I got mine but when I couldn't find any so I just looked at the diagram and went from there.

morval

i also have this skimmer and the instruction sheet is useless. i recomend geting rid of the sponge thats inside it will become full of garbage and is a little tough to remove so do it first.

howiet4702

thanks everyone. I finally did get it straightend out but it did take a little time for it to get adjusted. And yes, the sheet it came with is worthless.
Thanks again!!