Octopus mercatoris

innsmouth

I don't think mine would bother them purposley but he moves around the tank alot and I would worry about his toppling them. Also Cephs have no protection in the form of scales of shell so they run the risk of being stung by cndarians. Maybe it would work but I'm personally not going to try it. My octopus is amazing on his own.

rgaines

Originally posted by Magic_Carp
so amazing! that thing could get out of anything, they can get out of anyhole that is bigger then their beak
iv seen a video that had some guys octo come out of the tank, crawl up the dresser and steal a gold fish from a FW tank and when back to the tank, it was our of the water for like 5 minutes, i love those guys!

Where is the video? I would like to see that.

innsmouth

From what I understand the Carribean pygmies live for about 7 to 8 months. Yeah, he's really fun to watch and alot less shy than people told me he would be.

ras

cool octopus, but what lighting do you have for it?? Ive heard of some cases in which the lighting is too intense for the octopus and turns it blind

innsmouth

No, Snoopy has left the building. My friend that had him said he died mysteriously a few weeks ago. Said he was healthy and eating well and one night he came home and he was gone. I think he was really old personally. That was the biggest mantis I've ever seen.
The lighting on the tank is stock 24 watt 50/50 JBJ PC. not much at all really.

scuba-raru

Nice Octopus...id bee to scared to get one an have it dry up on the floor when it got out, smart little guys...and delicious with garlic...
youve got the scarriest damn picture on this entire friggin website...thanks for the nightmares :D
R.

newbie911

hows he she(octopus) doin can u give an update. Im workin on my octo tank gonna get a bimac. Pretty siked. U have any more pics. I looks pretty big or mature for a pigmy.
Drew

rookie

Originally posted by Magic_Carp
so amazing! that thing could get out of anything, they can get out of anyhole that is bigger then their beak
iv seen a video that had some guys octo come out of the tank, crawl up the dresser and steal a gold fish from a FW tank and when back to the tank, it was our of the water for like 5 minutes, i love those guys!

Magic I would like to see that video if you still have it.
Nick
NickES2004@Aol.Com

S

skysmom

hey that is neat! all the cool ideas for my bigger tank when it's up and ready

dvs

Very nice! Although I woulve thought that they wouldve needed a much bigger tank.
Keep us posted...
Jen