Octopus NW-200 Question

slim

I am looking at getting a new OCT-NW-200 Skimmer. Does anyone out there have the new model? Any likes or dislikes? What is the real foot print?
Thanks,
Slim

wattsupdoc

I've got the new NW 200. Just getting broke in now. Might be able to cram it in a smaller footprint than is specified. But not too much smaller. I mesh modded mine with the pf4(I've got tons btw). It's skimming very good right now. I ha vent done the gate valve mod on it yet, and dialing in is an issue. With the riser pipe design, it's finicky, as well when you grab the pipe to raise it you cause the bubbles to rise in the neck inappropriately. So it's tough to dial in. But once it's set.... There is a bunch of theory going on over the other site about the funnel allow skim-mate into the area below the collection cup. I can tell you this is NOT the case. I have had the waterline well below the top of the funnel and do not get micro-bubbles/foam in there. Overall, I think it's a well designed 239 Dollar skimmer.

joncat24

The advertised footprint is pretty accurate on Marine Solutions website. I would also take a look at the MSX 160 over the Nw 200. I had a nw 150 and just replace it with the MSX 160.....there is no comparison.
THe nw 150 or 200's are great skimmers but, the MSX line is AWESOME. Just a way better designed skimmer, and the Sicce pumps are incredible.
Also wanted to add, the msx 160 is only $30 more than the nw 200 right now and you dont need to add gate valve or any other mods to get the mass airflow, like you do with the octo.