Octopus

J

jm38092

We hope so. There are a couple of holes in the tubberware thing, we figure we'd leave him in there a day or two and see if the octopus eats him. The octopus will eat guppies handed to him with tongs, but has never caught a fish, so we figured we'd make it easier on him.

S

surfinusa

That is really neat,but if you could post a video of him eating a fish that would be awesome.

spyker

i also have an octopus an he is the smartest fish i've owned,when he wants to eat he actually grabs a rock and bangs on the tank.you can also test your octopus IQ by getting lego and see if he puts them together or get a water bottle and put a snail in it and see if he opens the bottle if he does he passed the IQ test.And by the way nice octopus love his color mines blue

harley1965

i was wondering what size tank you have rhe octopus in and are they hard to take care of been thinking about getting on for about six months just not sure

spyker

oh yea forgot to mention if you use red florecent lights the octopus will not hide and will be out and about(the octopuses eyes are prone to red!!!!!)

beenbag497

i was looking into buying an octo-bot
for about three months..and i have a couple questions,how much in all did the setup cost,and where did you get the octo himself??

spyker

an octopus is definatly hard to work with but once you get with the program its really easy and i only spent about 700$ octopus and all.

beenbag497

i read up on them for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time but then for the first time i went to my not-so local fish store and the guy said its physicly(sp??)impossible to keep them in there tank so i gave up on 'em and decided on a reef

spyker

THATS THE MOST STUPID THING I'VE EVER HEARD! hundreds of people have octopuses and the only thing you have to worry about is the fact that there extremly intelligent and tehy can escape

texasmetal

First, dude, they're not fish.
Second, don't feed them freshwater items. Try raw frozen shrimp, raw scallops, stuff you can buy at the grocery store or fiddler crabs, frozen silversides, krill, etc. Saltwater items. Feeding freshwater items will shorten their already short lifespans, not to mention fish stores typically treat their fish tanks with copper. Copper treated fish is VERY BAD for octopus.

beenbag497

Originally Posted by spyker
THATS THE MOST STUPID THING I'VE EVER HEARD! hundreds of people have octopuses and the only thing you have to worry about is the fact that there extremly intelligent and tehy can escape
can you tell me every thing that you have in the tank......and equipment??

texasmetal

Please feel free to check out TONMO.com. (The Octopus News Magazine Online) There are octopus husbandry specific forums there with some very knowledgeable, experienced people, some of which are marine biologists who work with cephalopods.

beenbag497

Originally Posted by TexasMetal
Please feel free to check out TONMO.com. (The Octopus News Magazine Online) There are octopus husbandry specific forums there with some very knowledgeable, experienced people, some of which are marine biologists who work with cephalopods.
i was actually on that site for a while i was "clyde"

mike22cha

Originally Posted by spyker
i also have an octopus an he is the smartest fish i've owned,when he wants to eat he actually grabs a rock and bangs on the tank.you can also test your octopus IQ by getting lego and see if he puts them together or get a water bottle and put a snail in it and see if he opens the bottle if he does he passed the IQ test.And by the way nice octopus love his color mines blue

When you say your's blue, I'm hoping your not talking about a blue ringed octopus.