odding an aqua clear filter

hpimike02

in on eof my other post chipmaker said something about moding on eof these fileter ... i was wondering how you do that?

chipmaker

Here is a basic diagram of how to mod the AC filters. It does not matter what size filter you have as they all mod the same only difference is dimensions.........Use the included filter media basket for baffles and guards, anbd secure them in place with MArine Goop. If flow is too much yu can trim about 1/2 to 1 mm off each blade of the impeller to adjust flow. YOu can trim these blades easy with a sharp knife or a file or sand paper. Just mark a line and remove the same from each blade. Don;t worry if yu screwup and take a hair more off one than another it will be just fine. Some folks remove one entire blade to reduce flow and they still do not rattle or make noise.

chipmaker

Here is an AC300 IIRC thats been modded (N0T MINE). You can see how the media basket was cut to form the gurad at the outflow spillway as well as the baffle on the side towards the pump. If you do not want to cut your filter media basket, you can use plastic mesh etc for the outflow barrier guard, and most any plastic for the other baffle, such as a CD case cut to fit etc. The baffles need not gbe sealed up perfect, just enough to hold it in place as any water bypas that youo may have will not hurt a thing., The idea is to keep turbulence down to a minimum and some sand away from pump impeller. ANy more questions just ask..