Odyssea 2006 Model MH Lights

brucewrs

Originally Posted by stsweene
Ive had a problem in the 48" 542W with one of my actinics working for a few days then not turning on, etc.... anyone having the same problem?? any fix ideas?
Mine are shot after only 2 weeks.Both atinics dont work.I traced back the power and it goes into the ballast and thats it.So it must be the ballast.FYI,The atinic ballast is in the light not that huge box..I am still waiting for a response from aquatrader.How about you?

vinopa30

I bought the 36" 380 watt fixture from hombby also. It took a week and a half to get to me, and had a broken halide bulb. I emailed him and got a reply within 6 or so hours. He asked for $7 for a replacement bulb to cover shipping, and that it would be sent out Monday via USPS priority (getting to me Wednesday or Thursday). I haven't gotten it yet (now two and a half weeks since I ordered the light...) but hopefully it will come tomorrow.
The fixture had many of its bolts and screws loose. I went through and tightened many of them up. I also glanced over the wiring to see if anything looked like a firehazard. Everything seemed to be pretty safe. One bolt was missing from the halide mount, which probably caused the breaking of the bulb.
Overall I'm pretty happy with the quality of the light. It is well built with minimal spaces for salt or moisture to enter from the underneath. As of right now I'd still buy it again, but if anything comes up...

vinopa30

And turns out he just mailed it today... making it a total of 3 weeks from purchase to having the lights up and running by next Tuesday. If you purchase from hombby I wouldn't expect quick service.

bnalamarie

I just got my light today I have never had halide before so I am trying to find out anything I can, I had a problem with the legs and my ballists are small!!! they seem to be cheep otherwise mine looks the same. Should I move my mushrooms to the bottom of the tank? I have never tried to do hard coral what is the easy ones? Help!!Can these be set up on a timer?

helbert76

Originally Posted by vinopa30
And turns out he just mailed it today... making it a total of 3 weeks from purchase to having the lights up and running by next Tuesday. If you purchase from hombby I wouldn't expect quick service.
I ordered the 380w system from him and he mailed it the day after he got my payment. Was on a Monday and according to the ups tracking it should be here on this comming monday. 7 days shipping for ground which is not bad plus it was free shipping.

poolbizz

I just bought a 20" 250 20k from hombby,
Does anyone know if you can buy a ballst from a diff. co. to use with these lights...
also, i have an aquapod 12 that current has sent 4 new lids and the fans on all the tops start to make noise after about 2 weeks.
the moon lights never worked on none of the tops.. and have you ever took one apart, the way its put together is crap, loose
wires everywhere....
It happens everywhere and with every co. ul or not.
But no one has said or answered the ?? can you use a diff. ballast ???? anyone know
Thanks

poolbizz

about the ballest for instance my light is 250 20k could't i use for example PFO 250 20k ballest for either 1 or 2 lights ???
wouldn't that work .... I'm sure someone here is into eletronics
and could answer the ??..
Thanks in advance...

poolbizz

Originally Posted by Marine693
The ballasts are magnetic for the HQI bulbs and there is an electronic ballast for the PC bulbs. I believe electronic ballasts for any type of halide bulb is hard to come by. I have been running these lights for a week now and I can't be happier! I am very very impressed at these lights for the price I got them! If anyone has had any trouble with their lights, I would like to know, I would also like to know where you bought them from!
actually you can buy ARO electronic ballast for 95.00 plus 10.00
ups ground... They are better than magnetic and you won't need the capacitor... that seems ton be blowing up...
I'm also changing the the 40 x 40 fans that are crap and installing 80 x 80 7.50 each
the ballast comes with a 2year warranty

poolbizz

are the ballast the only problem with this light ????
i know about the fans they use 40 x 40 i'm installing 80 x 80 just bought 4 on ---- for 24.00
thanks in advance

solarscar

I got the 48" MH version and there a couple things to keep in mind. First the ballast can overheat because the stupid covers that gaurd the fans are way to small, its like a lint trap. It will completely get clogged with dust rendering its cooling capabilities useless. also note that in the actual light housing that there is only one fan in the end of the unit, but there is a location for a second one thats not there. Please take a look at my pictures of my unit and how i fixed these issues.

poolbizz

Do you think the housing over heats because theres 2 ballast in that housing ??. By looking at the pics the capicitors don't look like the nones that were melting .. what did you do about the fans ???
Here's some burned out cap.

mamie

I have had my new oddssey for just about 6 months now. I have had no problems and my corals are loving them..

W

winstew

I've had mine for a year now and no problems. I keep that ballast clean to provide proper cooling.
Solarscar...... any more detail on how you upgraded those fans?

jacknjill

Hey im looking to sell mine now. They work perfectly fine still, im just downgrading to a 12 gallon pod so i no longer need these lights.
2 x 150 HQI
2 x 96 PC
6 LED moonlights
2 fans
48 inches

canisee2

Originally Posted by JacknJill
Hey im looking to sell mine now. They work perfectly fine still, im just downgrading to a 12 gallon pod so i no longer need these lights.
2 x 150 HQI
2 x 96 PC
6 LED moonlights
2 fans
48 inches
can u email me with the price ausst60@hotmail.com

poolbizz

Originally Posted by JacknJill
2 x 150 HQI
2 x 96 PC
6 LED moonlights
2 fans
48 inches

do you have a pic??? how much

rackyrane

Hey JacknJill,
Send me an e-mail if the lights are still available. I can send the money by paypal immediately. Looks like just what I have been looking for.
Rackyrane@cs.com. Not trying to hijack guys!