ODYSSEA 48" BLACK QUAD Compact Flourescent Fixture

bailey52

Im really thinking about buying this Unit.. I have no light setup as of yet.. so hard and expensive corals are down the line.. This unit is priced just right.... about $130 shipped.... I know not top of the line.. but I would like to know if anyone has it or knows anything about it... And later down the road I know I will prob have to upgrade, which is ok because I want to try and have not as hard things before jumping all in to corals...

fedukeford

Originally Posted by Bailey52
Im really thinking about buying this Unit.. I have no light setup as of yet.. so hard and expensive corals are down the line.. This unit is priced just right.... about $130 shipped.... I know not top of the line.. but I would like to know if anyone has it or knows anything about it... And later down the road I know I will prob have to upgrade, which is ok because I want to try and have not as hard things before jumping all in to corals...
i think i have that same oddesya , it coems with 4 moonlights, and 4x65 watt PC right? (i got mine for $100 shipped off the auction site, just saying that cuz you can probley find a cheaper price)

bailey52

well its $100 with $20 shipping its a 2000 model.. it has moonlights built in and what this one has the other same brand from last year didnt have is three cords.. only 3 switches so no i can control everything with a timer.. Are you happy with the light.. what do you keep with it?

jaydee

Just got mine yesterday, and i only ordered it Friday. Works great!, fan is a little noisy though.

bailey52

Did you order them off of ---- as well.. same seller as us/ because I cant even get them to reply to my emails, regardless that I paid already

daj0424

I just purchased the Odyssea 48" PC light with Lunar and fans from ---- in December. After having it about a month I am not too pleased with the unit. I will tell you why.
I just purchased new fans because the stock fans are very noisey. In fact they were so noisey that I had to unplug them until my new fans arrived. They actually are arriving today. I hope this helps.
I also will be rewireing my unit so I can have a seperate plug for my lunar lights. I noticed you mentioned that this unit has three cords. You may want to check into this because I did a ton of research and never found an odyssea with 3 plugs.
Last, this unit runs very hot and I am wondering that becuase of this it is not going to last long. Even with the fans going it is still pretty hot.
By the time I pay for the fans $13 x 2 and the electrical equipment to run a new cord $10 I probably could have purchased a better unit.
I am not totally dissatisfied with this unit because for the price it is okay. I thought that this unit would be okay and it is for the money but looking back on it I just wish that I would have purchased a better quality product.
Good luck.

bailey52

Yes.. I know the 2005 model on ebbay did not have 3 plugs.. this one does.. its a new unit. and actually it mentioned something about redisigned fans as well.. maybe because they were noisy.. let you know when i get it.. but yes it says one cord for actnics, one for daylight, and one for moon lights ----

jaydee

Just having mine for a day I can tell you this much already, It does seem to run on the hot side and the fans don't seem to move much air, but since it's on legs the heat transfer to the water is pretty low.
Mine came with 3 cords and they're labeled.

gbosh

I bought the Odyssea 48 inch 4x65 watt with moon lights from an auction at http://cgi.----.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=7733378826
It lasted for 10 days before a ballast failed and there is no warranty. I am having a very hard time finding a replacement ballast. It is almost like these lights spring from pods! I can't even find a hint of the manufacturer. If anyone has a clue, please let me know.

aceroc

I have the same setup and i like it. Only thing i don't like is the fans. Only had this unit for 3 months and one of the fans is going out. Loud as heck and wobbles and barely spins.

bailey52

Not really, just checked that site out.. it is selling LAST years model with only one power cord, you have to 'upgrade' $20 to get the legs and led moon lights, and you have to BUY each bulb! 3bay is cheaper on the newer model