odyssea jebo lights???

robpsca

Good Evning All
i have a question for ya...
recently found on the "auction" site an Odyssea jebo light set. anyone know anything about odyssea jebo equimpent? its cheaper in price in comparison then other leading brands. but being relativly new to this hobby i was wondering if it is adequate for a fish/reef tank
55 gal tank
LS bed 40 lbs
80 lbs LR
mellinium 3000 filter
2 maxi jet pwr heads.
Thanks for any info

lion_crazz

I have that 48" fixture on my tank and I love it. I have had it since August and there have never been any problems. The only thing I am not crazy about is the fact that they only have one ballast. Thus, you can not have the actinics on a separate timer than the whites, and you cannot have the moons on a separate timer either. That is why it is so cheap though..
I was just glad I kept my moonlights from my 75. And being that I have a FOWLR, I just have the actinics and whites come on at the same time, and then when they go off, I use my moonlights from my 75 as the night lights.

bailey52

hey lion.. good thing is.. its a 2006 model i bought and they have 3 cords now so each can be on their own timer.. but if anyone buy them on the auction site.. the old 2005 ones are still on there and have only one cord... 4x65 actinics and daylight and 4 moonlights with 3 ballasts for $105 cant beat that

robpsca

Sweet! thanks for the input
the one im lookin at has 3 seperate cords so you can use a timer.
its the 2006 model it claims
im paypallin it tomorow!
260 watts 4 65 2 day 10k 2 actenic
4 moon lights.
we also have a strip with 12 moons gonna use it in conjuntion with

robpsca

Originally Posted by robPSca
Sweet! thanks for the input
the one im lookin at has 3 seperate cords so you can use a timer.
its the 2006 model it claims
im paypallin it tomorow!
260 watts 4 65 2 day 10k 2 actenic
4 moon lights.
we also have a strip with 12 moons gonna use it in conjuntion with
LOL yeah what he said

bailey52

yea same one.. i paid yesterday for it
I mean I know its not top of the line and all.. but for $100 how can you beat that.. I mean I just bought a $50 heater.....

robpsca

OUCH LOL
were lookin at building our own 135 gl tank this summer so i figure we can go with this set for our 55 and then go higher end on the new tank.
Maybe LOL if we like this one we might just get the same but with longer set. its only like 219 for the 72" WOW. and one cld always increase the wattage of the bulb. i thnk i read it can handle up to 15 k and actinic 03s right?

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by Bailey52
hey lion.. good thing is.. its a 2006 model i bought and they have 3 cords now so each can be on their own timer.. but if anyone buy them on the auction site.. the old 2005 ones are still on there and have only one cord... 4x65 actinics and daylight and 4 moonlights with 3 ballasts for $105 cant beat that
wow, I might have to think about upgrading to a 2006 then...

robpsca

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
wow, I might have to think about upgrading to a 2006 then...
for 105 ya cant go wrong. IMHO

robpsca

oh sorry!
i meant you can increase the bulb to a higher output it comes with a 10 k and u can increae it with the balast it has. thats what it said on the site listing on this product.

bailey52

you mean is said either a 65 w or a 96 w? If thats what you mean i already asked the seller and he said that thing with all the info was from the company website of his company and that it cant be upgraded it just means they also have 96 watt ones

robpsca

lol no. i meant from a 10 k to a 12 k
but just got an email from seller. he says the bulbs are 12k YIPPIE
im getttin it today

devilboy

just so you all know on the same auction site they have the Jebo MH/PC fixtures going for $200.... i think i may get one for my tank... :thinking: