odyssea m.h. ,good or bad?

brucewrs

Originally Posted by sunny
Ordered the light. Odyssea 560Watt 2x175w HQI MH 2x96w PC and 6 moonlights all for $339. Should be here on Friday, will let you know if it was worth it.

Was it worth it?

sunny

For the price, it was worth the money. Our tank was completely purple with coraline algae. 1 moon light has been replaced and both fans need to be replaced. We just upgraded to a 210 gallon tank and no longer use it. Anybody interested in a 6 month old light with spare HQI bulbs and moon lights??

booduh

I used the Odyssea MH combo light for a little over a year. The problems started about three months after having it. The cooling fans are worthless, I had to replace them three times. I also replaced many wires, switches and connections in the ballast unit because of the ballast overheating and burning out components. Now I have Current VHOs, much better. The arguement over MH being a neccessity for some corals is valid, but I have not seen any issues with my new lights at all. Even my acro's seem more open and with more color. With the Oddysea lights I was constantly having issues with the ballast, fans and overheating. With the MH I had 9.8 watts per gallon, with the VHOs I have 8.6, but the light quality and spectrum are much better and more effecient. Save your money in the short term Oddyseas work great, but for the long haul they will burn you for even more cash. Just wish I could have posted my experience earlier, but let us know how it works out.

brucewrs

For the price, it was worth the money. Our tank was completely purple with coraline algae. 1 moon light has been replaced and both fans need to be replaced. We just upgraded to a 210 gallon tank and no longer use it. Anybody interested in a 6 month old light with spare HQI bulbs and moon lights??

Do you have 10,000k bulbs mh's?I just bought the Oddsea48"542 watt and so far so good.My only complaint is everything looks so blue.The mh175 is 20,000k.I think 10,000k would get rid f the blue effect.

roushracer

Well I couldn't pass that deal up.
I just ordered the 36" 380w (250w mh, 130 actinic pc) cus that price was just insanely low! $190 shipped

I'll let you know how I like em'.
Hmm, 13.1 watts per gallon. That should be enough, eh?

04mach

Originally Posted by RoushRacer
I just ordered the 36" 380w (250w mh, 130 actinic pc) cus that price was just insanely low! $190 shipped

Good deal for now. Mine was awsome for a week till the moonlights quit working ($8 apice for new ones), after about a month and a half had to replace bulb due to hair algea. Yes, the new bulb helped. Oh try to find a replacement 175watt hqi ...lol. Two months later the power compacts quit working.
Junk,Junk,Junk.....

clee521

Would you mind telling me where you were able to find that deal?
email: christopherbean at gmail dot com
Thanks!
Originally Posted by RoushRacer

acrylic51

To the best of my knowledge and some searching I haven't found any major bulb labels that carry 175w DE bulbs????? If they do you won't find them easy, and who makes this bulbs as well?
I bought the Odyssea 48'' 542 watt 350 watt halide
and 192 watt pc with 6 moonlights. I think it costed $339.00

acrylic51

Sorry to butt in, but watts per gallon doesn't mean or equate to anything....It's all about PAR readings to determine if the system is performing.........

cyclops

I have the 72" odyssea and they look great, and for the price you can not beat it. I have 3 BTA's and one clam that are doing great and growing. I paid $510 for mine including shipping.

nostress

Would like to know where to get these lights. any help will be greatly appreciated. Pls contact Andy via E/MAIL ( ilboatnostresscruises@netzero.com) I have a 65 gal High with 4.1 watts/gal now & want to move up to M/H. Need 36" unit.
THANX
Andy Kersting
Punta Gorda, Fl

hot883

How much? bcool831@pldi.net

hot883

Originally Posted by nostress
Would like to know where to get these lights. any help will be greatly appreciated. Pls contact Andy via E/MAIL ( ilboatnostresscruises@netzero.com) I have a 65 gal High with 4.1 watts/gal now & want to move up to M/H. Need 36" unit.
THANX
Andy Kersting
Punta Gorda, Fl
mail sent

benter

I have had the mh de 175 20k for over 6 months now..no problems at all so far..clams seem fine not many sps though.

joncat24

i have had the 72 inch 785 watt version for about 4 months now...not 1 problem $469 shipped. I would buy another one in a heartbeat...

laredo300c

i have the 48" 2x65w cf 12000k bulb, 2 x 65w atinic blue true 03 bulb, with free moonlights and free bulbs......i've had them on my 55 gal for 4 months now and i love them......i don't think mine are loud but i have nothing to compare them to ...i upgraded from regular flourescent...paid 90 bucks + shipping bout 35 bucks......i love them......free flip legs...............................a q u a t r a d e r s . dot . com

scubaguy

I orders 36" 305 Watt 1 175 Watt Halide and x2 65 watt actinic. So far love it and fish are doing fine. I am just waiting to see how the anemone is going to do.

frh674

Sunny did you ever get rid of the light? if not email me at liquidsn0w@linuxmail.org
thank you